Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PCRE string questions.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PCRE string questions. Post 302363186 by komputersman on Monday 19th of October 2009 04:25:03 PM
Old 10-19-2009
Awesome thank you...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

...yet another string of awk/sed questions from a RegExp-Challenged luser %-\

Greetings all, ...here is yet another string of awk/sed questions from a RegExp-Challenged luser :eek: I'm looking to have sed/awk do some clean-up on routing tables and to that end, I would like to do the following: 1.) If a line contains the word "masks" or "subnets" prepend CR/LF to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteveB-in-LV
16 Replies

2. Programming

messy questions: how to convert a string into a int64 in linux

Recently I was stuck at 64bit questions in 32pc....... lots of unknown questions came up .... as mentioned : messy questions: how to convert a string into a int64 in linux i tried ll = atoll(string) but faild btw: ll is defined as : long long ll = 0; I print the return like this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: macroideal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCRE negative lookahead

I have read many tutorials and cannot get this to work. I need to use pcre (because that is what the library in the software we are using uses) and pcregrep everything except /home from the /etc/fstab pcregrep '(?!/home)' /etc/fstab It returns the entire fstab (This is on a RHEL5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Postfix - pcre

Hello. I need to test valid sender address. I have created a rule in main.cf : smtpd_sender_login_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/sender_login_maps.pcre smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_sender_login_mismatch THe file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
REGEX(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  REGEX(3)

NAME
re_comp, re_exec - regular expression handler SYNOPSIS
char *re_comp(s) char *s; re_exec(s) char *s; DESCRIPTION
Re_comp compiles a string into an internal form suitable for pattern matching. Re_exec checks the argument string against the last string passed to re_comp. Re_comp returns 0 if the string s was compiled successfully; otherwise a string containing an error message is returned. If re_comp is passed 0 or a null string, it returns without changing the currently compiled regular expression. Re_exec returns 1 if the string s matches the last compiled regular expression, 0 if the string s failed to match the last compiled regular expression, and -1 if the compiled regular expression was invalid (indicating an internal error). The strings passed to both re_comp and re_exec may have trailing or embedded newline characters; they are terminated by nulls. The regular expressions recognized are described in the manual entry for ed(1), given the above difference. SEE ALSO
ed(1), ex(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Re_exec returns -1 for an internal error. Re_comp returns one of the following strings if an error occurs: No previous regular expression, Regular expression too long, unmatched (, missing ], too many () pairs, unmatched ). 3rd Berkeley Distribution May 15, 1985 REGEX(3)