Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting wild card in if condition not working Post 302363140 by radoulov on Monday 19th of October 2009 02:40:16 PM
Old 10-19-2009
This should work with ksh93, zsh and bash:

Code:
if [[ ($a == WARNING*) || $b == ERROR* ]]; then

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using if with wild card patterns

Hi, Please help me. Suppose I have a file which contains files like: My file :/tmp/rooh_20020518.lst it consists: ASI00320225041925URD01 ASI00320225041925KER02 ASI00390228095244KER08 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls and wild card - Should be simple!

I am trying to cp files that have F0 as prefix in their name in path p1/p2 to path p3/p4 this command does not work - Why? (I am using HP/UX) cp p1/p2/F0* p3/p4 thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I pass a wild card as an argument

Hi, I would like to pass a wild card as part of an argument. But when I do it the script views the wild card as text. Example: sFile=MG1A* sort $sFile > $sFile.sorted What I get is MG1A*.sorted The problem is I am passed a series of files where the first few characters like "MG1A"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eja
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wild card in find perm

Hi, Is there a way to use find command to list the directories for certain permissions. I know we can use find . -type d -perm nnn, where nnn is the permission number . However I wold like to know if I wanna search for wild card permissions i.e 75* / 7* / 55* , as i do not know the actual... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: braindrain
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wild card & regular expressions

Hi, guys I have a question what is wild card and regular expression, I think both of them same if not, please give me an example. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eerener
1 Replies

6. AIX

df, grep, wild card

Hi, I want to monitor my filesystem capacity and I want to df with grep wildcard for all 9*%. Is this possible? I want to replaced all the existing complicated scripts I have in the system. Thanks, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a string to function containing wild card?

Hey All, I am trying to send a string as an input parameter to a function which contains a wild card character - * However the function is taking it as: PS: The directory - '/path/to/my/dir/' has 3 files: file1.out, file2.out, file3.out However I want to disable this wild... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep using wild card issue

Hi, I am having a file (file1) having following contents " xet B - All Divers/All Rivers - - ns - " Now when i use cat file1 | grep 'RF' it doesn't returns anything. But on using cat file1 | grep 'RF*' shows me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with wild card [solved]

Can somebody help me with the following syntax? I want to find all files that end with *.arc SUFFIX=".arc" find /tmp -name "\*$SUFFIX" -print 2>/dev/null ---------- Post updated at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:41 PM ---------- got it thanks -name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wild card for dir path

I have dir structure like this : /opt/oracle/product/abc/sqlplus/admin/ /opt/oracle/product/def/sqlplus/admin /opt/oracle/product/ghi/sqlplus/admin I am trying to use wildcard ( for dirs abc,def,ghi) ..something like this : cp xyz.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies
RATFOR(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RATFOR(1)

NAME
ratfor - rational Fortran dialect SYNOPSIS
ratfor [ option ... ] [ filename ... ] DESCRIPTION
Ratfor converts a rational dialect of Fortran into ordinary irrational Fortran. Ratfor provides control flow constructs essentially iden- tical to those in C: statement grouping: { statement; statement; statement } decision-making: if (condition) statement [ else statement ] switch (integer value) { case integer: statement ... [ default: ] statement } loops: while (condition) statement for (expression; condition; expression) statement do limits statement repeat statement [ until (condition) ] break [n] next [n] and some syntactic sugar to make programs easier to read and write: free form input: multiple statements/line; automatic continuation comments: # this is a comment translation of relationals: >, >=, etc., become .GT., .GE., etc. return (expression) returns expression to caller from function define: define name replacement include: include filename The option -h causes quoted strings to be turned into 27H constructs. -C copies comments to the output, and attempts to format it neatly. Normally, continuation lines are marked with a & in column 1; the option -6x makes the continuation character x and places it in column 6. Ratfor is best used with f77(1). SEE ALSO
f77(1) B. W. Kernighan and P. J. Plauger, Software Tools, Addison-Wesley, 1976. RATFOR(1)