Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Doubt on free command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Doubt on free command Post 302363135 by user7509 on Monday 19th of October 2009 02:20:26 PM
Old 10-19-2009
Scrutinizer,

Your detailed explanation helps me a lot. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in find command

Hi All, I wanted to list all the files in the current directory which contains the pattern "error". I tried the following grep command grep -i 'error' *.* but i got the error message "ksh: /usr/bin/grep: 0403-027 The parameter list is too long." Any idea why the grep didn't work? Note:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mona
3 Replies

2. AIX

doubt in cal command

I am new to unix... How to get all the saturdays of a specific year? for a specific month, i tried as below.. cal 02 2006 | awk '{print $7}' but it is not giving all saturdays.... can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance, Sumi (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumi
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt in tr command

Hi, I am trying to understand a script and found a line as follows: tr '\211\233\240' '\040' < $IN_FILE | tr -cd '\11\12\15\40-\176' > $TEMP_FILE Can any one explain the above line .. What are they trying to translate using the tr command.. I have not used tr command.. so feeling little bit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt with ftp command

Hi linux experts, I am using ftp command as : ftp hostname but it says unable to connect, if i am using the same in sftp it is working : sftp hostname it works. so please help me how should i use ftp command. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command doubt

i have input files like this SFE_DOC_DATE (SFE_DOC_DATE:UniChar.:): "04/18/20" SFE_PSTNG_DATE (SFE_PSTNG_DATE:UniChar.:): "04/18/20" SFE_CREATEDON (SFE_CREATEDON:UniChar.:): "05/31/20" SFE_CLEAR_DATE (SFE_CLEAR_DATE:UniChar.:): "(NULL)" SFE_CLR_DOC_NO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

One doubt regarding chmod command

which one is correct chmod 777 file.txt or chmod 777 / file.txt what is difference in these two commands? thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

command substitution doubt

Hi, I almost always use back quotes in scripts to assigin output of a command to a variable. eg: file=`basename a/b/c/d/file` year_mon=`date +%Y%m` But the same can be achieved like: file=$(basename a/b/c/d/file) year_mon=$(date +%Y%m) I would like to know if there is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanderingmind16
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt in ls command

dear users and experts, i am stuck withis command and i am unable to understand what is it doing?? ls -d * (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshank
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Doubt on setserial command

My understanding is that "setserial" command is used to change the attributes of serial device files (ttyS) managed by the linux serial driver(serial module). My doubt is, using setserial command is it possible to change the attributes of other serial device files managed by a different driver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command doubt

hi all, I would need to add the description in the below syntax. let me know the below syntaxt how it can be changed to add the description in the below. ps -ef | grep "server" | mailx -s "servers currently which are running" operational@acel.com Server 62 -> Used for User acessing.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
14 Replies
INFO(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           INFO(1)

NAME
info - read Info documents SYNOPSIS
info [OPTION]... [MENU-ITEM...] DESCRIPTION
Read documentation in Info format. Frequently-used options: -a, --all use all matching manuals -k, --apropos=STRING look up STRING in all indices of all manuals -d, --directory=DIR add DIR to INFOPATH -f, --file=MANUAL specify Info manual to visit -h, --help display this help and exit --index-search=STRING go to node pointed by index entry STRING -n, --node=NODENAME specify nodes in first visited Info file -o, --output=FILE output selected nodes to FILE -O, --show-options, --usage go to command-line options node --subnodes recursively output menu items -v, --variable VAR=VALUE assign VALUE to Info variable VAR --version display version information and exit -w, --where, --location print physical location of Info file The first non-option argument, if present, is the menu entry to start from; it is searched for in all 'dir' files along INFOPATH. If it is not present, info merges all 'dir' files and shows the result. Any remaining arguments are treated as the names of menu items relative to the initial node visited. For a summary of key bindings, type H within Info. EXAMPLES
info show top-level dir menu info info-stnd show the manual for this Info program info emacs start at emacs node from top-level dir info emacs buffers select buffers menu entry in emacs manual info emacs -n Files start at Files node within emacs manual info '(emacs)Files' alternative way to start at Files node info --show-options emacs start at node with emacs' command line options info --subnodes -o out.txt emacs dump entire emacs manual to out.txt info -f ./foo.info show file ./foo.info, not searching dir REPORTING BUGS
Email bug reports to bug-texinfo@gnu.org, general questions and discussion to help-texinfo@gnu.org. Texinfo home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for info is provided by the texinfo-doc-nonfree package as a Texinfo manual. If this package is installed at your site, the command info info should give you access to the complete manual. (Or, if you have Emacs, M-x info will lead to the manual.) info 6.5 February 2018 INFO(1)