Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: password .c
Top Forums Programming password .c Post 302363111 by jim mcnamara on Monday 19th of October 2009 12:43:48 PM
Old 10-19-2009
Code:
/* mypass.c */
#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <string.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    char *pswd="espana";
    char *result=getpass("Enter password");   
    if(strcmp(pswd, result)==0 )
       return 0;
    return 1;

}

Are you sure this is not homework? This makes no sense - anybody who is at the commandline prompt can type uname -a and get a response.

Code:
  ./mypass
  if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
      uname -a
  else
      echo 'bad password'
  fi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change password by pushing encrypted password to systems

I'm tasked to change a user's password on multiple Linux systems (RH v3). I though copying the encrypted password from one Linux /etc/shadow file to another would work but I was wrong. The long term solution is to establish an openLDAP Directory service, but for now I'm stuck with a manual... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benq70
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password verification verify password of a user for only first 8 characters

Helo , I m using linux pam library for user and its password authentication. I m creating new user and giving its password.I m giving password of 10 characters.now when I login in as that newly created user its ask me $ su - ram Password: You are required to change your password immediately... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

4. Solaris

SSH Password-less login fails on password expiry.

Hi Gurus I have a few Sol 5.9 servers and i have enabled password less authentication between them for my user ID. Often i have found that when my password has expired,the login fails. Resetting my password reenables the keys. Do i need to do something to avoid this scenario or is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

OSX asks password but i don't use a password!!

When i try to install some software OSX asks for a password but i don't use a password at all. Somebody knows a answer please??? asta (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: astapopulos
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt password but use * when typing password

Hi, I came across the following script for encrypting the password in this forum #! /usr/bin/ksh exec 4>/dev/tty function getpass { typeset prompt=$1 typeset backspace=$(echo \\b\\c) typeset enter=$(echo \\r\\c) typeset savesetting=$(stty -g) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password protect a CSV file: better solution than ZIP password?

Hi We send *.csv with sensitive data to our customers. Our customers open those files with Excel. A new requirement is that we password protect those CSV files. I thought to pack them with ZIP and assign a password to the archive. But Solaris 10 can't encrypt ZIP files. $ zip -P... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP prompting for password even though password is in script

Hi All, I am trying to transfer a file from one server to a remote server using SFTP. Client is not ready for key setup. I am working on Solaris 10. Here is the code. #!/bin/ksh # sample automatic Sftp script to dump a file USER="user1" PASSWORD="pass1" HOST="host1" sftp $USER@$HOST... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
6 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8) 	       systemd-ask-password-console.service		   SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-ask-password-console.service, systemd-ask-password-console.path, systemd-ask-password-wall.service, systemd-ask-password-wall.path - Query the user for system passwords on the console and via wall SYNOPSIS
systemd-ask-password-console.service systemd-ask-password-console.path systemd-ask-password-wall.service systemd-ask-password-wall.path DESCRIPTION
systemd-ask-password-console.service is a system service that queries the user for system passwords (such as hard disk encryption keys and SSL certificate passphrases) on the console. It is intended to be used during boot to ensure proper handling of passwords necessary for boot. systemd-ask-password-wall.service is a system service that informs all logged in users for system passwords via wall(1). It is intended to be used after boot to ensure that users are properly notified. See the developer documentation[1] for more information about the system password logic. Note that these services invoke systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1) with either the --watch --console or --watch --wall command line parameters. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-tty-ask-password-agent(1), wall(1) NOTES
1. developer documentation https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 237 SYSTEMD-ASK-PASSWORD-CONSOLE.SERVICE(8)