Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris disksuite mirroring d0 to d2 and d1 to d3 Post 302363091 by csgonan on Monday 19th of October 2009 10:59:25 AM
Old 10-19-2009
thank you. I got the info on the sun forum that I could add to the replicas afterwards and just create the new mirror of the slice on the 2nd disk. I could also create the database on a new partition on the 2nd disk ask well.

thank you for your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disksuite questions

Is this correct if I have to create 2 partions of 100 Gigs each? (spread accross (6) 36 Gig drives) AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107> /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@0,0 1. c0t1d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107> ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Solstice DiskSuite

Has anybody every used Solstice DiskSuite? I am having trouble setting it up. I installed it without a problem, but do I really have to blow away the drives on the D1000 just to create a metastate database? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disksuite and raidctl used together

I have a live Sunfire v440 server with 4 drives and I want to mirror drive 0 & 1 to 2 & 3. The on-board raid controller only allows for 1 live mirror. I was thinking of disksuite, but unfortunately the second disk is just one large partition with no free slices. I was thinking of using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disksuite with no free partitions

I have a live server and I want to mirror the root drive (c1t0d0) to drive 2 (c1t2d0). I have maybe one free slice. I've read that I can take from swap to use for the replicas? 1) How is that done? 2) If I have no free partitions, how can I use swap for both replicas? 3) Can this be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 disksuite

We recently got a third party in to upgrade our solaris 8 sparc server to solaris 10. A few month later I now have a disk mirror problem that I would normally fix by going into the GUI screen "metatool" It appears that the third party didn't install disksuite after the upgrade. Does anyone know... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
10 Replies

6. Solaris

DiskSuite mirroring on x86 ?

Hi there , I have a 4 disk SunFire X4100 (x86) and my customer has specified that they want their disks to be in a mirrored configuration ....my understanding was that DiskSuite (or whatever its called now) didnt support x86, is this the case and if so, does anybody know of any options (preferably... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

7. Solaris

DiskSuite dilemma

Hello, We have this system a SunFire 280R running Solaris 8 Generic_117350-46. It has 2 36GB disks in it. They are mirrored with DiskSuite 4.2.1. When we execute a metastat all the devices report an Okay status, but when we go into metatool everything is in the Critical (maintenance)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
4 Replies

8. Solaris

mirroring with disksuite

hi all, i want to mirror two disks with disksuite under solaris 9 , doses smeone can explain me Briefly the essential steps to do that plz ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Looking for Solstice DiskSuite 4.2

Hi all, Do you know where I can download Soltice Disksuite 4.2 for Solaris 2.6 ? I haven't the CD labeled “Solaris Server Intranet Extensions 1.0” . Thanks in advance for your precious help. Bests Regards Hosni (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hosni
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Disksuite question

Hello all, I have a Solaris Disksuite question :- I will be adding 4 new drives to an E250 server and need will be configuring 2 striped volumes each consisting 2 new disks with SVM. In the end i will have 2 volumes each of 72gb. So in effect i will have 1 volume called D7 and another volume... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: commandline
6 Replies
volrootmir(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     volrootmir(8)

NAME
volrootmir - Mirror areas necessary for booting to a new disk SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volrootmir [-a] [nconfig=count] target_disk [swap=target_partition] OPTIONS
Specifies that all volumes on the system disk be mirrored, not just the root and swap volumes, rootvol and swapvol. DESCRIPTION
The volrootmir script causes a mirror copy of areas of the root disk involved in booting to be made on the specified target disk. When used without the -a option, volrootmir adds mirrors of the root and swap volumes and allocates them on the new disk. In addition, all disk regions required for booting are set up and partitions for the new volume mirrors are created. When used with the -a option, volrootmir mirrors all in-use partitions on the system disk. To mirror a swap volume that is on a separate disk from the root volume, the swap attribute must be used to specify a separate target for the swap mirror. The target disk(s) must be at least as large as the sum of the sizes of rootvol and swapvol. Also, the physical disk should not have any disk partition in use. This script can be called from the voldiskadm menus by choosing the Mirror volumes on a disk operation. ATTRIBUTES
Specifies the number of log copies and copies of the configuration database, for example, nconfig=2. Specifies that the swap volume, swapvol, be mirrored on a separate disk, as specified by target_partition. EXAMPLES
The following command mirrors the rootvol and swapvol volumes onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a differ- ent disk from rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol, swapvol, and any other volumes on the root disk onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a different disk from rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol on disk dsk3, swapvol onto partition dsk7d, and any other volumes on the root disk onto disk dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 swap=dsk7d The following command mirrors rootvol onto disk dsk3 and swapvol onto partition dsk7d. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 swap=dsk7d SEE ALSO
volintro(8), voldiskadm(8) volrootmir(8)