Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Disabled keystroke at the log-in menu Post 302362791 by Scott on Saturday 17th of October 2009 04:35:52 PM
Old 10-17-2009
I have no idea what a login menu is!

In most cases Solaris doesn't display a * as you type your password - so the "insertion point" doesn't move.

You need to give more details.

What are you using to login? telnet, ssh, CDE, some other GUI?

Who are you trying to login as? (root?, yourself?)

What is the error - or message - you get when you type your password and hit ENTER?

Is this a new problem, has it just started happening?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Keystroke log, eventlog, etc...

Don't you just hate crackers? Ok, I have a user on my server who is always causing trouble. He is constantly trying to get into files, change stuff, get users passwords, etc. I was wondering if Linux has a built in keystroke log, or event log of some sort that I may use to track his movements. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

keystroke trap

Hi, How to track/trap the keyboard strokes in the script say for eg, in normal scene, when a script is running, if a press control c, the program gets terminated... so in this case, how do i trap the keystrokes so as to avoid the abort of the program.. pls help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu / Log files - reading / display

So I'm pretty green still at this, and right now I don't even have the IF statements in just trying to get this part to work. I want to basically click optino 1,2,3,4 for which logs I want to search, and then be able to put in the variable I want to grep out? Sounds easy just not clear in my mind... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
4 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Unix keystroke logger

Hi all, Does anyone know if there is a tool in the market that could do the following when System Admin log to the server as root and perform activities according to his change request: - trap or log his keystroke for the entire duration - provide a report on the changes SA has made to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding automatic keystroke

Hi All , I am writing a shell script for a 3D test case . The 3D Test case involves the user to press some keys to see the changes in the 3d test case . The user has to press p , r , a , z etc to observe the changes on screen . Now please let me know how can i implement the keystroke p , a ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dskonnur
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing the keystroke

i have the below script: #!/bin/bash echo "enter a" read a echo "enter b" read b let c=a+b echo $c at any point of time between entering the value for a and b,if user presses ctrl+a key combination, then it should start from the beginning(the script should be restarted). it should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Keystroke logging issue

I'm having an issue with keystoke logging. As we know in unix you can press tab to auto-complete a command or whatever it is you are typing. Well keystoke logging in /var/log/ks, tabs are actually showing up as tabs rather than whatever the auto-completion was. Any ideas? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gnome 3.28.3 menu item dissapears under the system menu

I installed CentOS 8 with Gnome 3.28.2 and I noticed that the "switch user" menu item disappeared from under the system menu of Gnome classic (Both X11 & Wayland). I checked google and this problem seems to have a history going back several releases of Gnome. Unfortunately, I never found a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
sulogin(1M)                                               System Administration Commands                                               sulogin(1M)

NAME
sulogin - access single-user mode SYNOPSIS
sulogin DESCRIPTION
The sulogin utility is automatically invoked by init when the system is first started. It prompts the user to type the root password to enter system maintenance mode (single-user mode) or to type EOF (typically <CTRL-D>) for normal startup (multi-user mode). The user should never directly invoke sulogin. The sulogin utility can prompt the user to enter the root password on a variable number of serial console devices, in addition to the tra- ditional console device. See consadm(1M) and msglog(7D) for a description of how to configure a serial device to display the single-user login prompt. FILES
/etc/default/sulogin Default value can be set for the following flag: PASSREQ Determines if login requires a password. Default is PASSREQ=YES. /etc/default/login Default value can be set for the following flag: SLEEPTIME If present, sets the number of seconds to wait before login failure is printed to the screen and another login attempt is allowed. Default is 4 seconds. Minimum is 0 seconds. Maximum is 5 seconds. Both su(1M) and login(1) are affected by the value of SLEEPTIME. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
login(1), consadm(1M), init(1M), su(1M), attributes(5), msglog(7D) SunOS 5.10 25 Sep 2002 sulogin(1M)