Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to increase the filesystem size in HACMP Post 302362712 by filosophizer on Saturday 17th of October 2009 03:59:16 AM
Old 10-17-2009

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reason for continuously increase filesystem size?

Hi my file system size /hd4 is keep on increasing continuously , i tried all the performance related command to identify which process is currently running........ for every minute my FS(/hd4) size is increasing ?what could be the problem? how to diagnose it ? is there any specific command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixteam
3 Replies

2. Solaris

how to increase the filesystem size under veritas control

Hi all, aloe:root-> df �k Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol 8254263 2064133 6107588 26% / /proc 0 0 0 0% /proc mnttab ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
2 Replies

3. Solaris

increase/decrease filesystem

Hi All, I need to increase the filesystem of / and /var (two different slices)? Space will be coming from /home slice so I need to decrease it. Is that possible without reinstallation or in a single-user-mode? Any idea or link please. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to increase the filesystem size?

Hi.. I want to increase the file system size of any filesystem online, without using the Volume manager like LVMs, is it possible? & if yes then how? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

5. AIX

Does HACMP have bugs increasing filesystem or Logical volumes

Hello, Does HACMP have bugs ? I have version 5.4 on AIX 6.1 and when I try to increase filesystem space or logical volume partitions which are under HACMP VG it gives me error: # lsvg rootvg pr0oravg px0oravg pb0oravg pr0sapvg px0sapvg pb0sapvg pr1_pr2_vg pr2_px1_vg # #... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
11 Replies

6. AIX

Problem with filesystem created after HACMP was shut down

There is a shared volume group connected to two AIX systems A and B on a shared storage. The shared volume group was regularly attached to the system A and in case of a system A crash, the system B should take over the shared volume group and resources on it. Resources on the shared storage:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamanu
1 Replies

7. AIX

Increase LUN size in AIX with VIOS and HACMP

Hello! I have this infraestructure: - 1 POWER7 with single VIOS on Site A. - 1 POWER6 with single VIOS on Site B. - 1 LPAR called NodeA as primary node for PowerHA 6.1 on Site A. - 1 LPAR called NodeB as secondary (cold) node for PowerHA 6.1 on SiteB. - 1 Storage DS4700 on Site A. - 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Increase the filesystem size

Hi I am using oracle linux 6.4. My hard drive capacity is 500 GB. my filesystem size onbly 50GB. I would like to extend my filesystem size to around 100GB. I tried many codes but still I am not able. this is the output of df -h : Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: farshad
6 Replies

10. AIX

Increase filesystem size AIX 5.3

I an trying to increase the file size on an AIX 5.3 box. I think i am missing the correct syntax for the command. Here is was i am trying on a test box # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: 0000bd8b00004c00000 0010d8ed7a76e VG STATE: active ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
3 Replies
gfs_jadd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       gfs_jadd(8)

NAME
gfs_jadd - Add journals to a GFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
gfs_jadd [OPTION]... <DEVICE|MOINTPOINT>... DESCRIPTION
gfs_jadd is used to add journals to a GFS filesystem after the device upon which the filesystem resides has been grown. By running gfs_jadd on a GFS filesystem, you are filling in space between the current end of the filesystem and the end of the device upon which the filesystem resides. When this operation is complete, the journal index is updated so that machines mounting the filesystem at a later date will see the newly created journals in addition to the journals already there. Machines which are already running in the cluster are unaf- fected. gfs_jadd will not use space that has been formatted for filesystem data even if that space has never been populated with files. You may only run gfs_jadd on a mounted filesystem, addition of journals to unmounted filesystems is not supported. You only need to run gfs_jadd on one node in the cluster. All the other nodes will see the expansion has occurred when required. You must be superuser to execute gfs_jadd. The gfs_jadd tool tries to prevent you from corrupting your filesystem by checking as many of the likely problems as it can. When growing a filesystem, only the last step of updating the journal index affects the currently mounted filesystem and so failure part way through the expansion process should leave your filesystem in its original state. You can run gfs_jadd with the -Tv flags to get a display of the current state of a mounted GFS filesystem. This can be useful to do after the journal addition process to see if the changes have been successful. OPTIONS
-j num The number of new journals to add. This defaults to 1. -J size The size of the new journals in megabytes. The defaults to 128MB (the minimum size allowed is 32MB). If you want to add journals of different sizes to the filesystem, you'll need to run gfs_jadd once for each different size of journal. The size you specify here will be rounded down so that it is a multiple of the journal segment size which was specified at filesystem creation time. -h Help. Prints out a short usage message and exits. -q Quiet. Turns down the verbosity level. -T Test. Do all calculations, but do not write any data to the disk and do not add journals. This is used to discover what the tool would have done were it run without this flag. You probably want to turn the verbosity level up in order to gain most information from this option. -V Version. Print version information, then exit. -v Verbose. Turn up verbosity of messages. SEE ALSO
mkfs.gfs(8) gfs_grow(8) gfs_jadd(8)