Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Connect to MP
Operating Systems HP-UX Connect to MP Post 302362647 by Lurch on Friday 16th of October 2009 05:46:18 PM
Old 10-16-2009
If you are connecting to the MP with an ethernet cable you will need a crossover cable or connect both the MP and and laptop to a hub. I believe the MP comes configured to use DHCP so you will need a DHCP server on the laptop. I would suggest using a serial cable then configure the MP's IP settings to your liking and connect it to your network.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cant connect

ok the fact taht i cant even connect to the school UNIX server isnt good. thats where the project is. the server address is telnet://164.106.464.10 when i type it in and press enter a window pops up and it says Connecting to 164.106.464.10 then it just closes. doesnt say anything (or it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Combat Form
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to mssql

Hi - can any one tell me is it possible to connect to mssql and fetch the data from unix shell scripts (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
3 Replies

3. AIX

Connect

Hi, Can anyone suggest me some steps on how to connect to UNIX using Ultra Edit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittu.raja
1 Replies

4. Programming

non blocking connect

OS : solaris 10 X86 I created stream socket, tries to connect to port 7 on the remote machine. After doing the non blocking connect call I did select with time out value is 3 secs. I am always getting timed out though I am writing prior to select. code: x=fcntl(S,F_GETFL,0);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish@123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect db2 using db2 connect

I want to connect to DB2 database which is mainframes using a unix script and run query and get the result set into the unix box. Is this acheivable using db2 connect? pls help me with a sample script which can perform the same. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: midhun19
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Audit connect

Hi, I would like to audit a connection of a specific account to HPUX and LINUX redhat O.S I need audit the IP address of the client machine , and the date&time the connection to the server has been done. Is it possible ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to connect through different ip

Hi Folks, I want to connect to a unix machine that is on ip 10.240.234.52 and I presently on ip 172.234.456.77 , I need to change the port by removing my lan wire and attaching it to different port, is there any ways through which I can remain on 172.234.456.77 ip and I can connect to unix machine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankalpS
3 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

When i start CSF i cant connect VPS or download any data into it It appears i cant connect Linux VP?

It appears i cant connect linux VPS server via SSH or i cant SCP any file to it and i cant wget any file TO it (from inside it) while CSF (Config Server Firewall, LFD is running. Just after isntall in default configuration and after changing TESTING mode to LIVE mode. Trying to wget & install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
dhcpmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       dhcpmgr(1M)

NAME
dhcpmgr - graphical interface for managing DHCP service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/dhcpmgr DESCRIPTION
dhcpmgr is a graphical user interface which enables you to manage the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service on the local sys- tem. It performs the functions of the dhcpconfig, dhtadm, and pntadm command line utilities. You must be root to use dhcpmgr. The dhcpmgr Help, available from the Help menu, contains detailed information about using the tool. USAGE
You can perform the following tasks using dhcpmgr: Configure DHCP service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a DHCP server, and select the data store to use for storing network configuration tables.. Configure BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a BOOTP relay. Manage DHCP or BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to start, stop, enable, disable or unconfigure the DHCP service or BOOTP relay service, or change DHCP server parameters. Manage DHCP addresses Use dhcpmgr to add, modify, or delete IP addresses leased by the DHCP service. Manage DHCP macros Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete macros used to supply configuration parameters to DHCP clients. Manage DHCP options Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete options used to define parameters deliverable through DHCP. Convert to a new DHCP data store Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP server to use a different data store, and convert the DHCP data to the format used by the new data store. Move DHCP data to another server Use dhcpmgr to export data from one Solaris DHCP server and import data onto another Solaris DHCP server. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdhcm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dhcpconfig(1M), dhtadm(1M), pntadm(1M), in.dhcpd(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp_network(4), dhcptab(4), attributes(5), dhcp(5), dhcp_modules(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 13 Mar 2001 dhcpmgr(1M)