Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: KBD layout not working
Operating Systems Solaris KBD layout not working Post 302362589 by incredible on Friday 16th of October 2009 02:12:03 PM
Old 10-16-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaconf19
Found the problem

kbd -l then kbd -s
please explain clearly whats your problem

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Keyboard Layout

ok, I am having a seriouse problem! I can not wite in my landguidge, I live in sweden but I seem to have an american keyboard layout so I cant write some letters and all the key commands are all messed up. Does anyone know where I can find a swedisch keyboard layout? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
3 Replies

2. Programming

The stack layout

I try to solve the problem https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=86595 use stack hack method, I am puzzled the stack layout. under vc6.0, the following code work(in release mode). #include <stdio.h> void change() { int x; int j; (&x) = 5; // if in debug mode, change to (&x) = 5;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChenMing
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk layout

Apologize if I hurt anyone's head with my questions, I'm entirely new to Unix and my office here doesn't offer any training just learn as you go. Anyways they asked me to get a disk layout of one of our servers and gave me this as an example the lables are assumptions Disk ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newdigitalblue
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error: could not open /dev/kbd to get keyboard

hi, Why do i get an error "could not open /dev/kbd to get keyboard type US keyboard assumed" wehn i execute the script on my AIX machine. Just curious to know. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddymails
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Record Layout

I have a fixed width source file like this( it has 5 different record types identified by bolded numbers) N5101ABCD 9820398 2983287 N5102 9s9923 00000000 00 N5103 N5101TTT 9843438 9494994 N5104 sdsd N5101YYY 7777777 1111111 I need to have like this: N5101ABCD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanamr
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to trace kbd entries after "su -"

Hello all. In my organization, users access the Host using Putty. And the root login is disabled, so users enter as low-privilege users. Sometimes, they need to enter "root" account, and we want to monitor what they do after this point. I have been told that a keyboard trace can be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebastia.net
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to check the /etc/default/kbd file on a list of SUN servers

Hello, I want to create a shell script that would check the file "/etc/default/kbd" for the entry KEYBOARD_ABORT=alternate on a list of SUN Solaris servers. If this entry is not uncommented (without #) then I should get a message/error report for the host which does not have the setting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kbd input processing with python

Hi, I'm new to python, and I work on a little program fpr my rapsberry pi. This scenario here is a little Midi sysex app for my Roland D-50 Synthesizer. With an usb attached number keypad I can type numbers from 0 to 9 and the referenced Midi sysex file would be send out to my Roland D-50... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdohn
1 Replies
KBD(4x) 																   KBD(4x)

NAME
kbd - Keyboard input driver SYNOPSIS
Section "InputDevice" Identifier "idevname" Driver "kbd" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
kbd is an XFree86 input driver for keyboards. The driver supports the standard OS-provided keyboard interface, but these are currently only available to this driver module for Linux and BSD. This driver is experimental, but will soon replace the built-in keyboard driver. The kbd driver functions as a keyboard input device, and may be used as the X server's core keyboard. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to XF86Config(5x) for general configuration details and for options that can be used with all input drivers. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. The following driver Options are supported: Option "Device" "string" Specify the keyboard device. Default: the OS's default console keyboard input source. Option "Protocol" "string" Specify the keyboard protocol. Valid protocol types include: Standard, Xqueue. Not all protocols are supported on all platforms. Default: "Standard". Option "AutoRepeat" "delay rate" sets the auto repeat behaviour for the keyboard. This is not implemented on all platforms. delay is the time in milliseconds before a key starts repeating. rate is the number of times a key repeats per second. Default: "500 30". Option "XLeds" "ledlist" makes the keyboard LEDs specified in ledlist available for client use instead of their traditional function (Scroll Lock, Caps Lock and Num Lock). The numbers in the list are in the range 1 to 3. Default: empty list. Option "XkbRules" "rules" specifies which XKB rules file to use for interpreting the XkbModel, XkbLayout, XkbVariant, and XkbOptions settings. Default: "xfree86" for most platforms, but "xfree98" for the Japanese PC-98 platforms. Option "XkbModel" "modelname" specifies the XKB keyboard model name. Default: "pc101" for most platforms, but "pc98" for the Japanese PC-98 platforms, and "pc101_sol8x86" for Solaris 8 on x86. Option "XkbLayout" "layoutname" specifies the XKB keyboard layout name. This is usually the country or language type of the keyboard. Default: "us" for most plat- forms, but "nec/jp" for the Japanese PC-98 platforms. Option "XkbVariant" "variants" specifies the XKB keyboard variant components. These can be used to enhance the keyboard layout details. Default: not set. Option "XkbOptions" "options" specifies the XKB keyboard option components. These can be used to enhance the keyboard behaviour. Default: not set. Some other XKB-related options are available, but they are incompatible with the ones listed above and are not recommended, so they are not documented here. SEE ALSO
keyboard(4x), XFree86(1), XF86Config(5x), xf86config(1), Xserver(1), X(7x). XFree86 Version Version 4.3.0 KBD(4x)