Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in understanding the following commands Post 302362457 by justchill on Friday 16th of October 2009 05:10:13 AM
Old 10-16-2009
thanks very much!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

code that reads commands from the standard i/p and executes the commands

Hello all, i've written a small piece of code that will read commands from standard input and executes the commands. Its working fine and is execting the commands well. Accepting arguments too. e.g #mkdir <name of the directory> The problem is that its not letting me change the directory i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phrozen Smoke
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding 2>&1

Hi, I have this line in a script: if mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind > /tmp/status_nst0.log 2>&1 ; then What does the 2>&1 mean? I think the line is saying that after rewinding the device if the log file does not exist then execute the code but I do not understand the contribution of the 2>&1.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help understanding mv

I just started shell coding and I'm a bit confused on how 'mv' works can someone explain to me how it works and if i did this correctly. Thanks. echo "Enter Name of the first file:" read file1 #echo $file1 if ; then echo "Sorry, file does not exist." exit 1 ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: taiL
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

understanding {%/*}/

Hi Gurus: I am trying to understand the following line of code.I did enough of googling to understand but no luck.Please help me understand the follow chunk of code: X=$0 MOD=${X%/*}/env.ksh X is the current script from which I am trying to execute. Say if X=test.ksh $MOD is echoing :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vemana
3 Replies

6. AIX

HACMP: difference between 'cl' commands and 'cli' commands

Hi all, I'm new in this forum. I'm looking for the difference between the HACMP commands with the prefix "cl" and "cli". The first type are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/sbin directory and the second are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/cspoc directory. I know that the first are called HACMP for AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peppix
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding Benchmarks

I need a little clarification in understanding why there would be a need for a benchmark file when used with a backup script. Logically thinking would tell me that the backups itself(backuptest.tgz) would have the time created and etc. So what would be the purpose of such a file: touch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Understanding Results from df and du commands

Good day every one. When a use df -h comand on my read hat linux server i get something like this: /dev/mapper/Vg02-Lv19 30G 29G 145M 100% /app Then when i do du -sh /app/ i get 12G /app/ For me it is meaning that only 12G was used on /app partition. How can i see where are... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need your help in understanding this

Hi, I found this in a script and I would like to know how this works Code is here: # var1=PART1_PART2 # var2=${var1##*_} # echo $var2 PART2 I'm wondering how ##* makes the Shell to understand to pick up the last value from the given. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
2 Replies
SDL_PixelFormat(3)						 SDL API Reference						SDL_PixelFormat(3)

NAME
SDL_PixelFormat - Stores surface format information STRUCTURE DEFINITION
typedef struct SDL_PixelFormat { SDL_Palette *palette; Uint8 BitsPerPixel; Uint8 BytesPerPixel; Uint8 Rloss, Gloss, Bloss, Aloss; Uint8 Rshift, Gshift, Bshift, Ashift; Uint32 Rmask, Gmask, Bmask, Amask; Uint32 colorkey; Uint8 alpha; } SDL_PixelFormat; STRUCTURE DATA
palette Pointer to the palette, or NULL if the BitsPerPixel>8 BitsPerPixel The number of bits used to represent each pixel in a surface. Usually 8, 16, 24 or 32. BytesPerPixel The number of bytes used to represent each pixel in a surface. Usually one to four. [RGBA]mask Binary mask used to retrieve individual color values [RGBA]loss Precision loss of each color component (2^[RGBA]loss) [RGBA]shift Binary left shift of each color component in the pixel value colorkey Pixel value of transparent pixels alpha Overall surface alpha value DESCRIPTION
A SDL_PixelFormat describes the format of the pixel data stored at the pixels field of a SDL_Surface. Every surface stores a SDL_PixelFor- mat in the format field. If you wish to do pixel level modifications on a surface, then understanding how SDL stores its color information is essential. 8-bit pixel formats are the easiest to understand. Since its an 8-bit format, we have 8 BitsPerPixel and 1 BytesPerPixel. Since BytesPer- Pixel is 1, all pixels are represented by a Uint8 which contains an index into palette->colors. So, to determine the color of a pixel in a 8-bit surface: we read the color index from surface->pixels and we use that index to read the SDL_Color structure from surface->for- mat->palette->colors. Like so: SDL_Surface *surface; SDL_PixelFormat *fmt; SDL_Color *color; Uint8 index; . . /* Create surface */ . . fmt=surface->format; /* Check the bitdepth of the surface */ if(fmt->BitsPerPixel!=8){ fprintf(stderr, "Not an 8-bit surface. "); return(-1); } /* Lock the surface */ SDL_LockSurface(surface); /* Get the topleft pixel */ index=*(Uint8 *)surface->pixels; color=fmt->palette->colors[index]; /* Unlock the surface */ SDL_UnlockSurface(surface); printf("Pixel Color-> Red: %d, Green: %d, Blue: %d. Index: %d ", color->r, color->g, color->b, index); . . Pixel formats above 8-bit are an entirely different experience. They are considered to be "TrueColor" formats and the color information is stored in the pixels themselves, not in a palette. The mask, shift and loss fields tell us how the color information is encoded. The mask fields allow us to isolate each color component, the shift fields tell us the number of bits to the right of each component in the pixel value and the loss fields tell us the number of bits lost from each component when packing 8-bit color component in a pixel. /* Extracting color components from a 32-bit color value */ SDL_PixelFormat *fmt; SDL_Surface *surface; Uint32 temp, pixel; Uint8 red, green, blue, alpha; . . . fmt=surface->format; SDL_LockSurface(surface); pixel=*((Uint32*)surface->pixels); SDL_UnlockSurface(surface); /* Get Red component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Rmask; /* Isolate red component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Rshift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Rloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ red=(Uint8)temp; /* Get Green component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Gmask; /* Isolate green component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Gshift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Gloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ green=(Uint8)temp; /* Get Blue component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Bmask; /* Isolate blue component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Bshift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Bloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ blue=(Uint8)temp; /* Get Alpha component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Amask; /* Isolate alpha component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Ashift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Aloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ alpha=(Uint8)temp; printf("Pixel Color -> R: %d, G: %d, B: %d, A: %d ", red, green, blue, alpha); . . . SEE ALSO
SDL_Surface, SDL_MapRGB SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 23:01 SDL_PixelFormat(3)