Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cat multiple files questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cat multiple files questions Post 302362444 by rlinsurf on Friday 16th of October 2009 04:43:43 AM
Old 10-16-2009
np Smilie

I think I had forgotten the # command at the top. That works perfectly, of course.

Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

*BSD slices - multiple questions

Can you have a second primary slice on a second hdd? I know that primary slices are defined in the mbr, but where are all the sub partitions defined at? From the OBSD installation FAQ: What exactly is in the PBR? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Derrek
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat files

Hi, I was a typical Windows guy. Like to do things just by clicking my mouse:cool:. I got a new job now...where they are big on unix. I am trying to wet my fingures now with unix. Haven't taken the dive yet. I am trying to find a solution for this problem. Please help me with some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep78
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat certain files in directories to files named after the dir?

Hi all, I have a directory with many subdirectories each named like so: KOG0001, KOG0002, ...KOG9999. Each of these subdirectories contain a variable number two kinds of files (nuc and prot) named like so: Capitella_sp_nuc_hits.fasta (nuc) and Capitella_sp_prot_hits.fasta (prot). The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: cat multiple files together except first line?

Hopefully the title summarized what I need help with. I have multiple files that I would like to concatenate in bash. ie: cat file1 file2 file3 > bigfile except I do not want to include the first line from each file (). Any help? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanimfj
6 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

trying to cat multiple pairs of files

I have a number of files in a directory named like this: fooP1, fooN1, fooP2, fooN2 ... fooP(i), fooN(i). I'd like to know how to combine each P and N pair into a single file, foo(i) TIA John Balwit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balwit
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CAT multiple files according to file name

I have a folder that contains a number of files with file names as follows: XX.YYYY..ZZZ.2014.001.000000 XX.YYYY..ZZZ.2014.001.000400 XX.YYYY..ZZZ.2014.001.000800 XX.YYYY..ZZZ.2014.001.001200 XX.YYYY..ZZZ.2014.001.001600 ..... XX.YYYY..ZZZ.2014.002.000000 XX.YYYY..ZZZ.2014.002.000400... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: quakesrus
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select answers from multiple questions using shell script

I have a text file in this format Some lines.... Question no: 1 The question? A. Answer 1 B. Answer 2 C. Answer 3 D. Answer 4 Answer:B Some lines.... Question no: 2 The question? (choose 2) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any way to cat multiple files and show filenames?

Hi, Is there any way to do a cat * where it shows the name of each file in the process? Similar to what more does below? $ more ?.sql :::::::::::::: 1.sql :::::::::::::: set linesize 200 select db_unique_name, cast( from_tz( cast(... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge multiple columns into one using cat

I will like to merge several files using 'cat', but I observe the output is not consistent. the merge begins at the last line of the first file. file1.txt: 1234 1234 1234 file2.txt: aaaa bbbb cccc dddd cat file1.txt file2.txt > file3.txt file3.txt: 1234 1234 1234aaaa bbbb cccc... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomarine
13 Replies
Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)				       Tk Library Procedures					  Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_MoveToplevelWindow - Adjust the position of a top-level window SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(tkwin, x, y) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for top-level window to move. int x (in) New x-coordinate for the top-left pixel of tkwin's border, or the top-left pixel of the decorative border supplied for tkwin by the window manager, if there is one. int y (in) New y-coordinate for the top-left pixel of tkwin's border, or the top-left pixel of the decorative border supplied for tkwin by the window manager, if there is one. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
In general, a window should never set its own position; this should be done only by the geometry manger that is responsible for the win- dow. For top-level windows the window manager is effectively the geometry manager; Tk provides interface code between the application and the window manager to convey the application's desires to the geometry manager. The desired size for a top-level window is conveyed using the usual Tk_GeometryRequest mechanism. The procedure Tk_MoveToplevelWindow may be used by an application to request a particular position for a top-level window; this procedure is similar in function to the wm geometry Tcl command except that negative offsets cannot be speci- fied. It is invoked by widgets such as menus that want to appear at a particular place on the screen. When Tk_MoveToplevelWindow is called it does not immediately pass on the new desired location to the window manager; it defers this action until all other outstanding work has been completed, using the Tk_DoWhenIdle mechanism. KEYWORDS
position, top-level window, window manager Tk Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)