Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with shell scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with shell scripting Post 302362421 by vishva79 on Friday 16th of October 2009 03:30:03 AM
Old 10-16-2009
Data Help with shell scripting

HI guys,
I need to check the base.txt file with the base.lck file and get a resulting base file which checks the last number in the base.lck file and starts with the number after the numbers in the base.lck file.
Here the base.txt is the list of numbers.
The base.lck file is something like a buffer which stores the numbers which are used from the base.txt file
lets name the resulting file as result.txt
Please try out and help me..
thanks in advance...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

4. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting

Hey I have a data in the file named as outputFile.txt. The data is in the format 123456,12345678912345,400,09/09/09,INACTIVE. I want this output without commas ie 12345612345678912345400090909INACTIVE. Please tell me what to do and clear explain all the terms, as I am new to it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampandey31
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting

Hi, if in a network there are lots of PCs connected with either windows or linux as operating system.Then what will be the shell script for the same and also if the PC has linux in it then we have to find if it is occupied or unoccupied. If the PC has windows in it then we have to find if it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akansha singh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in Shell Scripting

Hi there please have a look at the code..i want to create Using a named pipe. Run a find in the background starting in the working directory While this is happening wait for input from the user to ask him which file to find. If the user does not enter any data in 10 seconds ask the user again.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kattak1511
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
base(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						 base(3pm)

NAME
base - Establish an ISA relationship with base classes at compile time SYNOPSIS
package Baz; use base qw(Foo Bar); DESCRIPTION
Unless you are using the "fields" pragma, consider this module discouraged in favor of the lighter-weight "parent". Allows you to both load one or more modules, while setting up inheritance from those modules at the same time. Roughly similar in effect to package Baz; BEGIN { require Foo; require Bar; push @ISA, qw(Foo Bar); } When "base" tries to "require" a module, it will not die if it cannot find the module's file, but will die on any other error. After all this, should your base class be empty, containing no symbols, "base" will die. This is useful for inheriting from classes in the same file as yourself but where the filename does not match the base module name, like so: # in Bar.pm package Foo; sub exclaim { "I can have such a thing?!" } package Bar; use base "Foo"; There is no Foo.pm, but because "Foo" defines a symbol (the "exclaim" subroutine), "base" will not die when the "require" fails to load Foo.pm. "base" will also initialize the fields if one of the base classes has it. Multiple inheritance of fields is NOT supported, if two or more base classes each have inheritable fields the 'base' pragma will croak. See fields for a description of this feature. The base class' "import" method is not called. DIAGNOSTICS
Base class package "%s" is empty. base.pm was unable to require the base package, because it was not found in your path. Class 'Foo' tried to inherit from itself Attempting to inherit from yourself generates a warning. package Foo; use base 'Foo'; HISTORY
This module was introduced with Perl 5.004_04. CAVEATS
Due to the limitations of the implementation, you must use base before you declare any of your own fields. SEE ALSO
fields perl v5.16.3 2013-03-04 base(3pm)