Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Alternative to UUENCODE in linux Post 302362416 by Amit.Sagpariya on Friday 16th of October 2009 02:57:51 AM
Old 10-16-2009
Alternative to UUENCODE in linux

In my linux system, UUENCODE command is not available. I need to send the log file as an attachement. Is there any other way to do so?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

uuencode: command not found when sending mail in LINUX

HI all, When i run this command below i get this error: (cat /root/body.txt ; uuencode -m Summaryfile.zip) | mailx -s "completed" sandeep@help.com bash: uuencode: command not found Does anyone know why this is happening? Or is there any alternative to send mail with an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
2 Replies

2. Programming

Alternative of timeGetTime() in Linux

Hi, does anyone knows of a function timeGetTime() that i can use in Linux. timeGetTime() is a method of mmsystem.h, but what about linux?? Or is there a similar function in ACE that I can use??? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jasonlimvm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embed a html file in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx?

How to embed a html file as subject in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx or any other way? we do not want the file as attachment, it should be embedded in the mail subject. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ALternative to Linux wget

Hi I am looking to extend a script which does a wget on a url and then works out throughput from the get on the url. I would like to extend this to include some streaming. Is there an alternative to wget for streaming? I have tried to stream within the script as below using wget but it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative of UUENCODE in LINUX

Hi All, We just migrated from Sun unix box to Redhat Linux 5.5 (CentOS). One of my email script that attaches a log file and send email. This script used to work on sun box but does not work on Linux. The script uses UUENCODE command(code below). This works in Sun box but not in Linux. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simi28
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want alternative of -maxdepth 1 for all Linux,Solaris and AIX

find /full/path/dir \( ! -name dir -o -type f \) -prune -type f on AIX it worked perfect : sdp1:/var/tmp/test# find /var/tmp/test/ \( ! -name test -o -type f \) -prune \ -name "*properties" -type f -exec ls -l {} \; -exec cksum {} \; -rw------- 1 root system 19 Dec 12... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant.hcl
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative for /usr/sbin/userdbset on Linux

Hello. I am currently on HPUX and migrating to Linux RHEL 6.4 This program on hpux: /usr/sbin/userdbset is puzzling me on linux. Does anyone know the equivilent program forked or used on linux. This program is mentioned in our user reset script. here is a strings of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
2 Replies
UUENCODE(5)							File Formats Manual						       UUENCODE(5)

NAME
uuencode - format of an encoded uuencode file DESCRIPTION
Files output by uuencode(1) consist of a header line, followed by a number of body lines, and a trailer line. The uudecode(1) command will ignore any lines preceding the header or following the trailer. Lines preceding a header must not, of course, look like a header. The header line is distinguished by having the first 6 characters begin The word begin is followed by a mode (in octal), and a string which names the remote file. A space separates the three items in the header line. The body consists of a number of lines, each at most 62 characters long (including the trailing newline). These consist of a character count, followed by encoded characters, followed by a newline. The character count is a single printing character, and represents an inte- ger, the number of bytes the rest of the line represents. Such integers are always in the range from 0 to 63 and can be determined by sub- tracting the character space (octal 40) from the character. Groups of 3 bytes are stored in 4 characters, 6 bits per character. All are offset by a space to make the characters printing. The last line may be shorter than the normal 45 bytes. If the size is not a multiple of 3, this fact can be determined by the value of the count on the last line. Extra garbage will be included to make the character count a multiple of 4. The body is terminated by a line with a count of zero. This line consists of one ASCII space. The trailer line consists of end on a line by itself. SEE ALSO
uuencode(1), uudecode(1), uusend(1), uucp(1), mail(1) HISTORY
The uuencode file format appeared in BSD 4.0 . UUENCODE(5)