Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to fill up disk space for testing purpose Post 302362341 by methyl on Thursday 15th of October 2009 05:17:21 PM
Old 10-15-2009
Code:
a test script to fill up a disk partition /tmp/data

Please post your actual requirement in the future. Please make it clear whether you are a root user (who can fill a disc).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Frustrating Disk space script

This my frustrating disk space script that is supposed to send me a email whenever the disk space reaches 90% but this has some problem that just would not work ..can anyone please tell me when im going wrong #!/bin/ksh sendemail=-1 space=`df -bhk /users/siebelserver |awk '{print$5}'` echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivsiv
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk space script

Hi all, Can any one help me in making a disk space script in solaris 8/9 for instance i only want to get those partitions whose diskspace has exceed 70%. Any volunteer? Cheers! BR/asad (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asadlone
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to space fill a 2060 byte record

Calling all experts: When I ftp from Mainframe to unix server, the ftp message says fixed length 2060, but i lose trailing spaces. I tried a solution i found here, awk ' { printf("%-2060s\n",$0) } ' fname1 > fname2 works for small records but, err msg: string too long, for long records ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JohnMario
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help - disk space check script

I have a disk space check script that uses an exceptions file, the only issue with the script is that it does not work with values higher than the FSMAX=85 value. I have a file system that is at 92% and it doesn't change, so I would like to add it to the exceptions file. The exceptions file format... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddhadder71
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to 'split' mirror disk for OS upgrade purpose

Plan to upgrade Solaris from version 8 to version 9. Understand that if the boot disk is mirrored, I need to split it first before upgrade, how can I do that? Please advise. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Disk space

:( Hi All, i have 4 linux server for which i want set up script to monitor the disk space ... here my problem is i want the output like graph... also it should reflect in monitor ...as non stop process.. can any one suggest me any way where i can implement the script? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Best Practice to avoid dump core to fill-up root disk

Hi, We're running HP-UX 11.21 / 11.31 on PARISC and ITANIUM. We're looking for soluation to avoid the core dump files to fill up / disk. Which moethod or technology that you normally use to implement this? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk space utilization script

Hi, I wrote the following script for monitoring disk space and inform the concerned team accordingly. But script gives me below error syntax error at line 70 : `<' unmatched #!/bin/ksh . /home/scr/.profile . /home/scr/.infa_env # Get the list of Integration Services ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Monitoring Script - OLD and NEW

It's the old thread "Disk Space Monitoring Script", modified for UNIX This is the new code: df -k | awk ' { if ( int($4) > 90) {subject = $1 " More than 90% disk usage. Used: " $4 email = "email@test.com" print subject cmd = "mailx -s \"" subject "\" " email cmd | getline... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dungureanu
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Disk space script

i have 3 servers and i am checking for the disk space of a specific mount-point, should not be more than 85 % considering example as below server1 mountpoint_1 has 70% diskutilization server2 mountpoint_1 has 80% diskutilization server3 mountpoint_1 has 7% diskutilization now when it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
6 Replies
Test::WWW::Declare(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Test::WWW::Declare(3pm)

NAME
Test::WWW::Declare - declarative testing for your web app SYNOPSIS
use Test::WWW::Declare tests => 3; use Your::Web::App::Test; Your::Web::App::Test->start_server; session 'testuser' => run { flow 'log in and out' => check { flow 'log in' => check { get 'http://localhost/'; fill form 'login' => { username => 'testuser', password => 'drowssap', }; content should contain 'log out'; }; flow 'log out' => check { get 'http://localhost/'; click href 'log out'; }; }; }; DESCRIPTION
Often in web apps, tests are very dependent on the state set up by previous tests. If one test fails (e.g. "follow the link to the admin page") then it's likely there will be many more failures. This module aims to alleviate this problem, as well as provide a nicer interface to Test::WWW::Mechanize. The central idea is that of "flow". Each flow is a sequence of commands ("fill in this form") and assertions ("content should contain 'testuser'"). If any of these commands or assertions fail then the flow is aborted. Only that one failure is reported to the test harness and user. Flows may also contain other flows. If an inner flow fails, then the outer flow fails as well. FLOWS AND SESSIONS
session NAME => run { CODE } Sessions are a way of associating a set of flows with a WWW::Mechanize instance. A session is mostly equivalent with a user interacting with your web app. Within a session, every command ("get", "click link", etc) is operating on that session's WWW::Mechanize instance. You may have multiple sessions in one test file. Two sessions with the same name are in fact the same session. This lets you write code like the following, simplified slightly: session 'first user' => run { get "$URL/give?task=1&victim=other"; session 'other user' => run { get "$URL/tasks"; content should match qr/task 1/; # this is the same session/mech as the outermost 'first user' session 'first user' => run { get "$URL/tasks"; content shouldnt match qr/task 1/; }; }; }; flow NAME => check { CODE } A flow encompasses a single test. As described above, each flow is a sequence of commands, assertions, and other flows. If any of the components of a flow fail, the rest of the flow is aborted and one or more test failures are reported to the test harness. COMMANDS
get URL click button click href follow_link fill form NAME => {FIELD1 => VALUE1, FIELD2 => VALUE2} ASSERTIONS
Every assertion has two parts: a subject and a verb. SUBJECTS content title url VERBS should(nt) (caselessly) match REGEX should(nt) (caselessly) contain STRING should(nt) (caselessly) lack STRING should(nt) (caselessly) equal STRING SUBCLASSING
One of the goals of this module is to let you subclass it to provide extra features, such as automatically logging in a user each time a session is created. CAVEATS
If you fail any tests, then the actual number of tests run may be fewer than you have in your file. This is because when a flow fails, it immediately aborts the rest of its body (which may include other flows). So if you're setting the number of tests based on how many ran, make sure that all tests passed. BUGS
Hopefully few. We'd like to know about any of them. Please report them to "bug-test-www-declare@rt.cpan.org". SEE ALSO
Test::WWW::Mechanize, Jifty. MAINTAINER
Shawn M Moore "<sartak@bestpractical.com>" ORIGINAL AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent "<jesse@bestpractical.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 Best Practical Solutions, LLC This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2008-10-12 Test::WWW::Declare(3pm)