Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk match a multiline pattern Post 302362283 by steadyonabix on Thursday 15th of October 2009 01:03:37 PM
Old 10-15-2009
This gives the output you suggest.

I have marked the places you should insert your code, they are inside the if statements containing the regular expressions you posted.

Code:
nawk '

BEGIN {FS = "\t"
    printf("%s\n\n", "Starting to read the config file")
    num=0
    bucle=0

}

/CACHE SIZE{/,/}/ {
    if ( $0 ~ /CACHE SIZE{/ ){
        printf("%s\n", "for CACHE SIZE:")
        next
    }
    if( $0 ~ /}/)
        next
    split($0, a, "=")
    printf("%s\n", a[2])
    if(  $0 ~ /^cache_size=[0-9]*[K|M|G]/ ){

## YOUR CODE HERE
        printf("%s\n\n", "Instructions for cache")
    }
}

/CRONTAB{/,/}/ {
    if ( $0 ~ /CRONTAB{/ ){
        printf("%s\n", "for CRONTAB:")
        next
    }
    if( $0 ~ /}/)
        next
    split($0, a, "=")
    printf("%s\n", a[2])
    if ( $0 ~ /crontab=[0-9]*|\*\t[0-9]*|\*\t[0-9]*|\*\t[0-9]*|\*\t[0-9]*|\*/ ) {

## YOUR CODE HERE
        printf("%s\n\n", "Instructions for crontab")
    }
}

/POLITICS{/,/}/ {
    if ( $0 ~ /POLITICS{/ ){
        printf("%s\n", "for POLITICS:")
        next
    }
    if( $0 ~ /}/)
        next
    print
    if ( $0 ~ /^[0-9]*[\%|M|K|G][C|F]\t[A-Za-z|\,]*\t[\<|\>|\=][0-9]*[K|M|G]\t[0-9][0-9]\/[0-9][0-9]\/[0-9][0-9]\/[0-9][0-9]\/[0-9][0-9][M|K|G]$/ ) {

## YOUR CODE HERE
        print "Instructions for politics"
    }
}

' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to pattern match using awk

Hello Friends, My script gives an output like below:- but i only want the red part to be displayed. how to i do that. I am enclosing my shell script after that. id='CCRCWebServerINSTALLDIR' id='AdministrationTools-CINSTALLDIR' id='AdministrationTools-ent-CINSTALLDIR'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use to awk to match pattern, and print the pattern

Hi, I know how to use awk to search some expressions like five consecutive numbers, , this is easy. However, how do I make awk print the pattern that is been matched? For example: input: usa,canada99292,japan222,france59664,egypt223 output:99292,59664 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiline pattern search using sed or awk

Hi friends, Could you please help me to resolve the below issue. Input file :- <Node> <username>abc</username> <password>ABC</password> <Node> <Node> <username>xyz</username> <password>XYZ</password> <Node> <Node> <username>mnp</username> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed multiline pattern match

How can I write a script that takes a cisco config file and outputs every occurrence of two, or more, pattern matches through the whole config file? For example, out of a config file, i want to print out every line with interface, description and ip address through the whole file, and disregard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: knownasthatguy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern

Hello Guyz I have been following this forum for a while and the solutions provided are super useful. I currently have a scenario where i need to search for a pattern and start searching by keeping the first pattern as a baseline ABC DEF LMN EFG HIJ LMN OPQ In the above text i need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickCharles
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to pattern match within a particular multiline block and take action

Hi all, This is my first post, so please go easy if I broke some rules. Not accustomed to posting in forums... :) I'm looking for help on pattern matching within a multiline block and looking to highlight blocks/block-ids that do NOT contain a particular pattern. For example an input file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirodad
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Pattern Match One File to Another

I want to read from file 1 and pattern match in file two and print field two from the next line. File 1: user1 user2 user3 File 2: name=user1 gud=12345 name=user2 gud=32456 I have this pattern hardcoded but can't work out how to pass file 1 to the pattern match: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match with awk/sed - help

I need to grep for the pattern text inside the square brackets which are in red and not in green..my current code greps patterns both of them, which i don't want Input fileref|XP_002371341.1| oxoacyl-ACP reductase, putative gb|EPT24759.1| 3-ketoacyl-(acyl-carrier-protein) reductase ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)