Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed or Awk or both to edit file Post 302362096 by dr.house on Thursday 15th of October 2009 03:36:58 AM
Old 10-15-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenalman
The sed string works just about perfect, however as it strips all numbers this creates a problem with file names which contain numbers.
Code:
[house@leonov] echo "1 2 3 /0tmp0" | sed 's/\([ \|0-9]\) //g'
/0tmp0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

edit file using sed (not create another!)

Hi, I generally use Perl for this ex. perl -e 's/pattern/replace/g' -p -i <filename> I did something like this.. find . -type f -exec perl -e 's/pattern/replace/g' -p -i {} \; I want to do this with "sed" but what I get is the output being printed on the screen.. i can do sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldtrash
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / awk - inplace or inline edit

I need to remove the '&' from a file. In each line of the file, the fields are separated by ^K. I only want to remove '&' if it exists in field number 9. (example of field 9: abc&xyz) I need to do an in place/in line edit. So far I have accomplished the following: awk -F '^K' '{print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

edit entire column from a fixed-width file using awk or sed

Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 12 Completed 08 0830 12 In Progress 09 0829 11 For F U 07 0828 Considering the file above, how could i replace the third column the most efficient way? The actual file size is almost 1G. I am... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamahomekarasu
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File edit with awk or sed

I have the follwoing file: This looks to be : seperated. For the first field i want only the file name without ".txt" and also i want to remove "+" sign if the second field starts with "+" sign. Input file: Output file: Appreciate your help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the switch to let sed edit and save file

I remember there is a sed switch i can use to edit and save the file at the same time, but i cannot recall it at all. so instead of -> sed 's/A/B/' file > file-tmp -> mv file-tmp file what can i do to just let sed edit and save the "file" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

edit field using sed or awk

please help me to edit the second field using awk or sed i have input file below aa1001 000001 bb1002 000002 cc1003 000003 so i want the output file like below aa1001 01 bb1002 02 cc1003 03 (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulabc
38 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inline edit using sed / awk

Hi, I have file with all the lines as following format <namebindings:StringNameSpaceBinding xmi:id="StringNameSpaceBinding" name="ENV_CONFIG_PATH" nameInNameSpace="COMP/HOD/MYSTR/BACKOFFICE/ENV_CONFIG_PATH" stringToBind="test"/> I want to replace (all the lines) value of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuklaa02
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit a file using awk ?

Hey guys, I'm trying to learn a bit of awk/sed and I'm using different sites to learn it from, and i think I'm starting to get confused (doesn't take much!). Anyway, say I have a csv file which has something along the lines of the following in it:"test","127.0.0.1","startup... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED/AWK to edit/add field values in a record

Hi Experts, I am new to shell scripting. Need some help in doing one task given by the customer. The sample record in a file is as follows: 3538,,,,,,ID,ID1,,,,,,,,,,, It needs to be the following: 3538,,353800,353800,,,ID,ID1,,,,,COLX,,,,,COLY, And i want to modify this record in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugarcane
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - add/edit to file and save - sed?

I'm working on a script to execute a number of items. One being, editing particular files to add certain lines. I'm attempting to utilize sed, but, having issues when running from a bash script. Assistance is greatly appreciated. My example: sed -i '14 i\ # add these lines add these lines to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
5 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)