Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers difference weblogic server/webserver/app server Post 302361958 by tostay2003 on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 01:44:41 PM
Old 10-14-2009
Can anyone help me out?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Veritas WebLogic Server log files

Hi All, I am trying to change the log file to an incremental log file so that I do not needd to restart weblogic everytime the server /tmp directory reach 100% usage. I want to make it an incremental log, just like adm messages. At the moment, operation process is written to a log file (eg:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem in deployment in weblogic server in solaris

I am getting following error during deployment in solaris. when i deploy same war in other machine (non-solaris) it works fine. the stacktrace is < ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1277738498407> <BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paradesi143
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Exception in Weblogic Application server

Hi, I have a application running on weblogic server. i am getting these errors in logs very frequently. Could you please suggest any solution for this. -02-09 10:02:32,346 ERROR psn.properties.RemotePropertiesCache - Error occurred while attempting to retrieve property: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Version of Weblogic server

Hi All, How to find the version of the weblogic server configured? Our server is a Linux based server. Regards Dhivya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhivya.enjoy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i get the state of weblogic server

Hi, all Now i want write a shell to get the state of weblogic server,and when the Managed Server's state is not ok, after 3 times checking, i will send msg to the system administrator by sms. BTW, my environment is : Linux ,Redhat 5.4 64bit weblogic version: 10.3.3 the count number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wangsk
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Configure app server to view server files

Hi, We have a OEL6.1 installed on our server. We want developers to view there application logs generated on the server, but doesn't really want to give them access to server machine. Can someone please suggest how can we configure apache/httpd to create a url which will show all files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
1 Replies
Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::FastCGI(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::FastCGI(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::FastCGI - Deploying Catalyst with FastCGI FastCGI Deployment FastCGI is a high-performance extension to CGI. It is suitable for production environments, and is the standard method for deploying Catalyst in shared hosting environments. Pros Speed FastCGI performs equally as well as mod_perl. Don't let the 'CGI' fool you; your app runs as multiple persistent processes ready to receive connections from the web server. App Server When using external FastCGI servers, your application runs as a standalone application server. It may be restarted independently from the web server. This allows for a more robust environment and faster reload times when pushing new app changes. The frontend server can even be configured to display a friendly "down for maintenance" page while the application is restarting. Load-balancing You can launch your application on multiple backend servers and allow the frontend web server to perform load-balancing among all of them. And of course, if one goes down, your app continues to run. Multiple versions of the same app Each FastCGI application is a separate process, so you can run different versions of the same app on a single server. Can run with threaded Apache Since your app is not running inside of Apache, the faster mpm_worker module can be used without worrying about the thread safety of your application. Widely supported. FastCGI is compatible with many server implementations, not just Apache. Cons You may have to disable mod_deflate. If you experience page hangs with mod_fastcgi then remove deflate.load and deflate.conf from mods-enabled/ More complex environment With FastCGI, there are more things to monitor and more processes running than when using mod_perl. Standalone FastCGI Server In server mode the application runs as a standalone server and accepts connections from a web server. The application can be on the same machine as the web server, on a remote machine, or even on multiple remote machines. Advantages of this method include running the Catalyst application as a different user than the web server, and the ability to set up a scalable server farm. To start your application in server mode, install the FCGI::ProcManager module and then use the included fastcgi.pl script. $ script/myapp_fastcgi.pl -l /tmp/myapp.socket -n 5 Command line options for fastcgi.pl include: -d -daemon Daemonize the server. -p -pidfile Write a pidfile with the pid of the process manager. -l -listen Listen on a socket path, hostname:port, or :port. -n -nproc The number of processes started to handle requests. See below for the specific web server configurations for using the external server. WEB SERVERS
Any web server which supports FastCGI should work with Catalyst. Configuration recipies for well-known web servers are linked below, and we would welcome contributions from people deploying Catalyst on other web servers. Apache Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::Apache::FastCGI nginx Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::nginx::FastCGI lighttpd Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::lighttpd::FastCGI Microsoft IIS Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::IIS::FastCGI AUTHORS
Catalyst Contributors, see Catalyst.pm COPYRIGHT
This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-20 Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::FastCGI(3pm)