Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SUN Custer Theory
Operating Systems Solaris SUN Custer Theory Post 302361891 by jlliagre on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 09:43:02 AM
Old 10-14-2009
I never saw such a configuration but you are correct. In these uncommon cases where storage isn't shared, I would assume there is no persistence requirements. That would also imply a local storage failure trigger a node switch just like anything else that fails the clustered service.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Theory question about the organization of a UNIX file...

Hi, I am quite sure that I am posting a question in the very wrong forum but I have to give a try. It's a question about UNIX theory. I don't have any clue of how to solve this question. If someone could kindly provide some good references or give me the formulas, it will be really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ti_ma
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Why BackTrack3 Stored in USB Can Not Save Changes? What is the Theory Behind it?

I have a 16 GB Flash Drive. I changed the settings & set it as local disk, so my Vista recognizes it as a local disk, not removable disk. After that, i deleted the whole partition & then i made new partitions. I chose 9 GB to be in FAT32 format & 7 GB will be in ex2 format to save future... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
0 Replies
cmrunnode(1m)															     cmrunnode(1m)

NAME
cmrunnode - run a node in a high availability cluster SYNOPSIS
cmrunnode [-v] [node_name...] [-t | -w none] DESCRIPTION
cmrunnode causes a node to start its cluster daemon to join the existing cluster. This command verifies the network configuration before causing the node to start its cluster daemon. To start a cluster on one of its nodes, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the clus- ter configuration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1m). Starting a node will not cause any active packages to be moved to the new node. However, if a package is DOWN, has its switching enabled, and is able to run on the new node, that package will automatically run there. If node_name is not specified, the cluster daemon will be started on the local node and will join the existing cluster. Options cmrunnode supports the following options: -v Verbose output will be displayed. -t Test only. Provide an assessment of the package placement without affecting the current state of the nodes or packages. The -w option is not required with the -t option as -t does not validate network connectivity, but assumes that all the nodes can meet any external dependencies such as EMS resources, package subnets, and storage. node_name... Start the cluster daemon on the specified node(s). -w none By default network probing is performed to check that the network connectivity is the same as when the cluster was configured. Any anomalies are reported before the cluster daemons are started. The -w none option disables this probing. The option should only be used if this network configuration is known to be correct from a recent check. RETURN VALUE
cmrunnode returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Run the cluster daemon on the current node: cmrunnode Run the cluster daemons on node1 and node2: cmrunnode node1 node2 AUTHOR
cmrunnode was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmquerycl(1m), cmhaltcl(1m), cmhaltnode(1m), cmruncl(1m), cmviewcl(1m), cmeval(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmrunnode(1m)