Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Restore a database on solaris.. Post 302361890 by pupp on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 09:41:44 AM
Old 10-14-2009
this doesn't have much to do with solaris. you will need to look at your sybase db dumps (if you have them) to restore your data. check the sybase manual for restoring. googling "restore sybase" shows many useful hits.

if you do believe its a solaris issue, why do you think that? please elaborate as much as possible.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 7 restore problem

Hi, I am trying to restore a full system, which I backup with the ufsdump command, in to a different unix box. I partitioned that box(second one) exactly the same as the first one and install the same version of operation system(solaris 7). I have backed up the first system with: <pre> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with restore sun solaris 9

I tried to restore my server with backup tape, but after the restoration complete, install bootblk and edit the vfstab file, i cant boot up my server with the error message can't find /packages. Anyone can help me pls? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris 9 using jumpstart to restore

Hello All, I use flar to install servers. I am not sure why it does not restore my hostname.bge0, hostname.bge1, ... from the same server with quad NIC card. Right now, I use a shell script to copy my networking information. Am I doing anything wrong or is flar behaving the way it is suppose... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Restore Point

Hi, Is there a Restore Point on Solaris 8 like windows ? Today I restarted my machine and saw that one entire Directory is missing. Need to restore the lost data :(:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 2.6 restore from tape

Hope someone can help me here... I've got to restore an E450 with 300MHz cpus which was running Solaris 2.6 from tape. Regrettably the boot drive has failed. I've access to the first release of Solaris 2.6 CD's and to a set of Solaris 9 CD's. I remember that different E450 CPUs needed different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pamplemousse
1 Replies

6. Solaris

restore metastat configuration after solaris upgrade

Greetings How can i restore metastat db after a solaris upgrade (9 to 10)? will it work if i save and restore /etc/vfstab and /etc/lvm/md.cf file? root@netad# metastat d35: Mirror Submirror 0: d38 State: Okay Submirror 1: d39 State: Okay Pass:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif_islam
2 Replies

7. Solaris

redirect solaris database from linux database..

hi.. i have a need .. my php runs on my linux redhat box with mysql.. i want my php code to refer another mysql database which is in solaris 10 x86... can u tell me the procedure .. how it can be done through php .. sorry am new to php... is it possible to redirect from linux mysql to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 - how to backup and restore system disc

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine and now I am wondering what is the best way to backup (to another hard disc) and restore the system hard disc content. The backup should to be done every night using a script launched by cron and all previously done backups should be available to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8 Flar Creation/Restore

I'm new to utilizing Solaris... especially the old 8 version, but I'm trying to find out if there is a way to create a Flash Archive of a disk that can be restored on a smaller size disk or disk of varying size? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scifi_vixen
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 Restore from flar image

Hi! I want to migrate Sun Fire v240 server (sun4u) with Solaris 10 update 6 to LDOM virtual host (sun4v). I was mount NFS directory from another server in /mnt and did this steps on v240 1) I add to the /var/sadm/system/admin/.platform PLATFORM_GROUP=sun4v # cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbubentsov
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)