Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl script problem.
Operating Systems HP-UX perl script problem. Post 302361871 by netfinity on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 09:13:04 AM
Old 10-14-2009
perl script problem.

I test this perl script on hpux 11.x and everything is OK, on hpux 10.20 it doesn't work

Code:
perl -e 'local($PSTAT,$PSTAT_STATIC,$mem_info,$PSTAT_STRUCT)=(239,2,"\0"x120,"LI4L");
syscall($PSTAT,$PSTAT_STATIC,$mem_info,length($mem_info),1,0);
print "RAM=".int((unpack($PSTAT_STRUCT,$mem_info))[4]*((unpack($PSTAT_STRUCT,$mem_info))[5])/(1024*1024))."\n";'

Do U have any idea ?

Thx

Last edited by pludi; 10-14-2009 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script strange problem

Hi All, I have one strange problem in perl script. Bellow is the contents of the script i am trying to write: #!/usr/local/bin/perl my $module_list = ''; my @running_module; my $count=0; my $flag=0; my $ccprojecthome=$ENV{CCPROJECTHOME}; @module_list = `cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhav
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL script problem

Hi all, i wrote this script and the code appears to work except i cannot connect to the WMI interface on Windows XP boxes. The listing is printed for testing purposes so i know that part works. When it tries to connect to WMI, the script dies. Should echo these properties to me. I think the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: caddyjoe77
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in perl script

Hi, Here is my piece of code. #!/usr/bin/perl my $logFile = $ARGV; die "usage: $0 <logFile>" unless $logFile; die "Logfile $logFile doesn't exist" unless -f "$logFile"; my %no_of_questions; my %timestamp; open (FP,"<$logFile") or die "unable to open file $!" ; @records=<FP>;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in a perl script

Hi All I have to modify a existing perl script The context of the input txt file has changed Basically I have to remove 4 lines from the top of the file and print a number Of fields into another file and feed the out put back into the script. Now I’m doing this part manually ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ex-Capsa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Problem

Hi Perl Gurus, I have a very simple problem. This command perfectly runs in Unix Shell: dlv_mng@hpp309:/delivery/dlv/dlv/dlv_mng> echo 7.5.1.2.25 | sed -n 's^\(.\).\(.\).\(.*\).\(.*\).\(.*\)^\1.\2^p' 7.5 However, when I run this inside a perl script, it fails. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies

7. AIX

Perl Script Problem

Hi! I'm having a problem on AIX 5.3 I cant' seem to sort out. A Perl script that was working has stopped for some reason. Possibly and update or something seems to have broken it. The error is below and any help would be appreciated! Can't load... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eth0
2 Replies

8. Programming

Perl script problem

I made a perl script that will number the lines of program scripts with an extension asked by the user and will save them into a .txt file My problem with the code is that for some reason it skips about every second line Im currently using ms win7 with strawberry perl heres the code so far... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejok
0 Replies

9. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

10. Programming

Problem with my perl script

hiii alll i wrote a prgm which would take position and strand from file 1 and tries to locate a string 250 characters ahead/before that position in anothe file (based on strand 0 or 1) open my $fhConditions, "<", "1.txt" or die "Epic Fail: $!"; open my $fhCharacters, "<", "2.txt" or die "OMG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
1 Replies
FindBin(3perl)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    FindBin(3perl)

NAME
FindBin - Locate directory of original perl script SYNOPSIS
use FindBin; use lib "$FindBin::Bin/../lib"; or use FindBin qw($Bin); use lib "$Bin/../lib"; DESCRIPTION
Locates the full path to the script bin directory to allow the use of paths relative to the bin directory. This allows a user to setup a directory tree for some software with directories "<root>/bin" and "<root>/lib", and then the above example will allow the use of modules in the lib directory without knowing where the software tree is installed. If perl is invoked using the -e option or the perl script is read from "STDIN" then FindBin sets both $Bin and $RealBin to the current directory. EXPORTABLE VARIABLES
$Bin - path to bin directory from where script was invoked $Script - basename of script from which perl was invoked $RealBin - $Bin with all links resolved $RealScript - $Script with all links resolved KNOWN ISSUES
If there are two modules using "FindBin" from different directories under the same interpreter, this won't work. Since "FindBin" uses a "BEGIN" block, it'll be executed only once, and only the first caller will get it right. This is a problem under mod_perl and other persistent Perl environments, where you shouldn't use this module. Which also means that you should avoid using "FindBin" in modules that you plan to put on CPAN. To make sure that "FindBin" will work is to call the "again" function: use FindBin; FindBin::again(); # or FindBin->again; In former versions of FindBin there was no "again" function. The workaround was to force the "BEGIN" block to be executed again: delete $INC{'FindBin.pm'}; require FindBin; KNOWN BUGS
If perl is invoked as perl filename and filename does not have executable rights and a program called filename exists in the users $ENV{PATH} which satisfies both -x and -T then FindBin assumes that it was invoked via the $ENV{PATH}. Workaround is to invoke perl as perl ./filename AUTHORS
FindBin is supported as part of the core perl distribution. Please send bug reports to <perlbug@perl.org> using the perlbug program included with perl. Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> Nick Ing-Simmons <nik@tiuk.ti.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995 Graham Barr & Nick Ing-Simmons. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 FindBin(3perl)