Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract specific content from a file Post 302361812 by patrick87 on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 07:00:23 AM
Old 10-14-2009
Log file data extraction

Hi danmero,

My input file:
Code:
>sequence_1
ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC
ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD
>sequence_2
ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD
ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS
>sequence_3
VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG
dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF
SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG
>ABC_6
SAASASASASASASTSDGSDGSDGSDG
>SDF_7
TASDASDAFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF

My desired output file:
Code:
>sequence_2
ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD
ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS
>ABC_6
SAASASASASASASTSDGSDGSDGSDG
>SDF_7
TASDASDAFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF

If I got a long list of file, how I can use your script or program to extract only the contents of sequence_2,ABC_6,SDF_7?
Do you have any idea how I can extract specific content only from a long list of file?
As I try, the awk script that you suggested only can extract sequence_2 from a long list of file.
Thanks againSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script or command help to extract specific contents from a long list of content

Hi, I got a long list of contents: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the content after a specific data

My input: >seq_1 DSASSTRRARRRRTPRTPSLRSRRSDVTCS >seq_3 RMRLRRWRKSCSERS*RRSN >seq_8 RTTGLSERPRLPTTASRSISSRWTR >seq_10 NELPLEKGSLDSISIE >seq_9 PNQGDAREPQAHLPRRQGPRDRPLQAYA+ QVQHRRHDHSRTQH*LCRRRQREDCDRLHR >seq_4 DRGKGQAGCRRPQEGEALVRRCS>seq_6 FA*GLAAQDGEA*SGRG My output: Extract all... (22 Replies)
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data content from a long list of data

My input: Data name: ABC001 Data length: 1000 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 10 100 90 1 forward 15 200 185 2 reverse 50 500 450 Data name: XFG110 Data length: 100 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 50 100 50 ... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Way to extract detail and its content above specific value problem asking

Input file: >position_10 sample:68711 coords:5453-8666 number:3 type:complete len:344 MSINQYSSDFHYHSLMWQQQQQQQQHQNDVVEEKEALFEKPLTPSDVGKLNRLVIPKQHA ERYFPLAAAAADAVEKGLLLCFEDEEGKPWRFRYSYWNSSQSYVLTKGWSRYVKEKHLDA NRTS* >position_4 sample:68711 coords:553-866 number:4 type:partial len:483... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from data and rename its header problem asking

Input file 1: >pattern_5 GAATTCGTTCATGTAGGTTGASDASFGDSGRTYRYGHDGSDFGSDGGDSGSDGSDFGSDF ATTTAATTATGATTCATACGTCATATGTTATTATTCAATCGTATAAAATTATGTGACCTT SDFSDGSDFKSDAFLKJASLFJASKLFSJAKJFHASJKFHASJKFHASJKFHSJAKFHAW >pattern_1 AAGTCTTAAGATATCACCGTCGATTAGGTTTATACAGCTTTTGTGTTATTTAAATTTGAC... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all content that match exactly only specific word

Input: 21 templeta parent 35718 36554 . - . ID=parent_cluster_50.21.11; Name=Partial%20parent%20for%20training%20set; 21 templeta kids 35718 36554 . - . ID=_52; Parent=parent_cluster_5085.21.11; 21 templeta ... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl extract content of file

I'm using Mail::Internet module, which will basically filter through email content and extract the body of the message my perl script to extract the body of the email #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Mail::Internet; @lines = <STDIN>; $mi_obj = new Mail::Internet(); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amlife
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Content from a file

I have an input file with contents like: ./prbru6/12030613.LOG:24514|APPL|prbru6.8269.RTUDaemon.1|?|13:49:56|12/03/06|GMT+3|?|RTUServer Error:Count of Internal Error Qty (-1) < 0, for Audit group id - 1L5XVJ6DQE36AXL, after record number,1, File: EventAuditor.cc, Line: 394|? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

10. Solaris

Extract content of .dump file

We have been provided a .dump file.The need is to extract the contents(may includes files and folder). ls -lZ didnt help me as Z is not a valid option. How to extract the file contents ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinil
7 Replies
MU-EXTRACT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     MU-EXTRACT(1)

NAME
mu_extract - display and save message parts (attachments), and open them with other tools. SYNOPSIS
mu extract [options] <file> mu extract [options] <file> <pattern> DESCRIPTION
mu extact is the mu sub-command for extracting MIME-parts (e.g., attachments) from mail messages. It works on message files, and does not require the message to be indexed in the database. For attachments, the file name used when saving it, is the name of the attachment in the message. If there is no such name, or when saving non-attachment MIME-parts, a name is derived from the message-id of the message. If you specify a pattern (a case-insensitive regular expression) as the second argument, all attachments with filenames matching that pat- tern will be extracted. The regular expressions are Perl-compatible (as per the PCRE-library). Without any options, mu extract simply outputs the list of leaf MIME-parts in the message. Only 'leaf' MIME-parts (including RFC822 attach- ments) are considered, multipart/* etc. are ignored. OPTIONS
-a, --save-attachments save all MIME-parts that look like attachments. --save-all save all non-multipart MIME-parts. --parts=<parts> only consider the following numbered parts (comma-separated list).The numbers for the parts can be seen from running mu extract without any options but only the message file. --target-dir=<dir> save the parts in the target directory rather than the current working directory. --overwrite overwrite existing files with the same name; by default overwriting is not allowed. --play Try to 'play' (open) the attachment with the default application for the particular file type. On MacOS, this uses the open program, on other platforms is uses xdg-open. You can choose a different program by setting the MU_PLAY_PROGRAM environment variable. EXAMPLES
To display information about all the MIME-parts in a message file: $ mu extract msgfile To extract MIME-part 3 and 4 from this message, overwriting existing files with the same name: $ mu extract --parts=3,4 --overwrite msgfile To extract all files ending in '.jpg' (case-insensitive): $ mu extract msgfile '.*.jpg' To extract an mp3-file, and play it in the the default mp3-playing application. $ mu extract --play msgfile 'whoopsididitagain.mp3' BUGS
Please report bugs if you find them: http://code.google.com/p/mu0/issues/list AUTHOR
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <djcb@djcbsoftware.nl> SEE ALSO
mu(1) User Manuals February 2012 MU-EXTRACT(1)