Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What is in-core copy and disk-copy of i-node table? Post 302361741 by pludi on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 03:08:14 AM
Old 10-14-2009
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me with disk copy

I do not have a Unix machine, i do have a Linux machine.. i have a Unix boot disk that is essencial to my unit. Is there any way in Windows98 or Linux to make copies of this disk. So far i can't get either to read the disk. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deathsfriend
1 Replies

2. Linux

Copy entire disk in FC3

I'm running FC3 and I'd like to copy the entire /dev/hda to /dev/hdc, including all the boot info, so that I can boot off of it in case of failure. This will be a one time thing. I'm doing an app upgrade and I'm very afraid the install will go wrong, so I want to be able to quickly be back up in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Not able to copy the tree node text in solaris, while easily done in window

I m not able to copy the text present on the tree's node to terminal or other text editor in solaris. I m using <Shift><control> C and V comaand for the same but the text is not being copied and pasted on the text pad or the terminal window. While the same is possible in windows OS using ctrl+c... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: friendanoop
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Not able to copy the tree node text in HP UX, while easily done in window

I m not able to copy the text present on the tree's node to terminal or other text editor in solaris. I m using <Shift><control> C and V comaand for the same but the text is not being copied and pasted on the text pad or the terminal window. While the same is possible in windows OS using ctrl+c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: friendanoop
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy file in cd or floppy disk

i am novice in unix. in me office my boss hav given me a system with Unix OS. i know about windows and Dos. in dos we access cd or floppy through writing following commands a: or d: copy filename.ext to a: i dont even now how to access CD Rom or floppy drive in unix. please tell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fassi
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10: how to copy whole disk?

Hi, i have problems with my system disk (os solaris 5.10) and i'm wondering if there is any way to copy the whole disk to a new one, without reinstalling everything (so to do a mirroring)?? thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprehodec
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem: Run schedular to copy from one table to other

Check if records of table B are 1 month old. if yes then Truncate table B_SNAPSHOT and then copy data from B to SNAPSHOT_B table otherwise no need to copy. Run a schedular after every 15 minutes. The tables B and SNAPSHOT_B has the below structure(same for both): PROCESS_NAME MQ_NAME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehagupta2008
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample ksh script for copy the data from excel to database table ?

Hi All, I need to convert the data from excel to database table in sybase. Please provide some sample script.. thanks, Royal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royal9482
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

mounting a copy of a disk without patition table

Ok. I screwed up. Using dd, I made a bit-for-bit copy of disk /dev/hda, which contains 3 partitions. dd if=/dev/hda of=olddrive.iso bs=2048k However, I neglected to make a copy of the partition table. I'd like to mount partition 3, /dev/hda3, which is an xfs filesystem, but obviously I don't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Use 'dd' to copy boot disk to larger target disk

Hi, I'm looking to copy a boot disk on an old Solaris 8 system using dd. I'll bring the system down to single user mode and begin from there. I'm copying my source disk to a larger target disk. Do I need to do anything other than the 'dd' command below because the target disk is bigger? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies
list(3) 						    InterNetNews Documentation							   list(3)

NAME
list - list routines SYNOPSIS
#include <inn/list.h> struct node { struct node *succ; struct node *pred; }; struct list { struct node *head; struct node *tail; struct node *tailpred; }; void list_new(struct list *list); struct node *list_addhead(struct list *list, struct node *node); struct node *list_addtail(struct list *list, struct node *node); struct node *list_head(struct list *list); struct node *list_tail(struct list *list); struct node *list_succ(struct node *node); struct node *list_pred(struct node *node); struct node *list_remhead(struct list *list); struct node *list_remtail(struct list *list); struct node *list_remove(struct node *node); struct node *list_insert(struct list *list, struct node *node, struct node *pred); bool list_isempty(struct list *list); DESCRIPTION
list_new initialises the list header list so as to create an empty list. list_addhead adds node to the head of list, returning the node just added. list_addtail adds node to the tail of list, returning the node just added. list_head returns a pointer to the the node at the head of list or NULL if the list is empty. list_tail returns a pointer to the the node at the tail of list or NULL if the list is empty. list_succ returns the next (successor) node on the list after node or NULL if node was the final node. list_pred returns the previous (predecessor) node on the list before node or NULL if node was the first node. list_remhead removes the first node from list and returns it to the caller. If the list is empty NULL is returned. list_remtail removes the last node from list and returns it to the caller. If the list is empty NULL is returned. list_remove removes node from the list it is on and returns it to the caller. list_insert inserts node onto list after the node pred. If pred is NULL then node is added to the head of list. HISTORY
Written by Alex Kiernan <alex.kiernan@thus.net> for InterNetNews 2.4.0. $Id: list.pod 9074 2010-05-31 19:01:32Z iulius $ INN 2.5.3 2011-06-10 list(3)