Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help with FTP scripts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with FTP scripts Post 302361696 by Santhosh_Ind on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 12:51:57 AM
Old 10-14-2009
MySQL Transferring file from Windows server...

Hi,
I want to transfer html files from windows server to unix server. Those files also have to be assigned proper permissions. Can u people suggest any ideas for this scenario?

Regards,
SmilieSanthosh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple FTP scripts submitted to a subprocess

Why does running 5 FTP scripts sequentially take longer to run (16 seconds) than when all 5 are submitted to a subprocess and run simultaneously (7 seconds)? I would think there would be some I/O contention. There are about 10 files to be FTP'd in each script. Although each script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomstone_98
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Shell Scripts from Windows to Unix: files have exotic characters

Hey guys, I am working on my shell scripts in wordpad in windows. Then, I upload it to my unix using psftp, but when I open those files with "vi" in Unix, there are all these "^M" characters in the file. Would anyone of you have a clue as to why? Help would be appreciated. Thanks, Laud (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find out Errors in FTP Scripts

Hi Please let me know is there any way through which I can find out errors & do debugging in FTP scripts. Thanks Sourabh TCS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourabhshakya
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP is using shell scripts create ? for file

ftp -n -v <<EOF verbose open 3.57.40.79 user infodvlp pr0gram ascii lcd /home/a501420038/GLA/Success_Load/ cd /ftp/SrcFiles/csg/InstruAsia/ get AU_Success_Log.txt close quit EOF Please help on this, this gives the out put "AU_Success_Log.txt?" As question mark in the last what will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a501420038
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Scripts

HI All Need a help in FTP script i need to ask the user to enter the source ftp server and password and target ftp server and password , once it has logged in to the source server it need to go to directory and ftp to the target server can anyone help me on this , Sample code is... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
27 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with ftp scripts and cron

Need some help / advice with the follow script... Basically i have an FTP server that connects to other ftp servers and sends and downloads files every few hours or so. There are 12 different accounts that all have 2 scripts each, one to send and one to receive. Below is an example send script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Scripts to move files via FTP with error checking

Hi Members, Can members please advise or suggest how to write UNIX script which move all zip files in source directory and when done delete zip files from source directory? We want to delete only on successful transfer to the destination. secondly want to add some error checking if the FTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dxj0815
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[HELP] Scripts moving aging file by FTP

Hi Experts, Kindly share scripts to find aging file and ftp to another server.. Example: Find files more than 5 days and ftp to another server. Please give suggestion :) Thanks Edy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
1 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)