Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check data and time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check data and time Post 302361557 by thegeek on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 01:43:48 PM
Old 10-13-2009
1. Numeric comparison what you are doing is wrong.. You can use, -eq, -ge, -le.

For this requirement, the following works,
Code:
#!/bin/sh
day=`date`
time=`echo $day | cut -d" " -f4`
hour=`echo $time | cut -d":" -f1`
minute=`echo $time | cut -d":" -f2`
dayname=`echo $day | cut -d" " -f1`

if [ $dayname = 'Sat' -a $hour -ge 5 -a $minute -gt 15 ]
        then
                if [ $dayname = 'Sat' -a $hour -le 6 -a $minute -lt 50 ]
                then
            echo "its that time..";
               # Between Sat 5:15 and 6:30, do not continue.
                exit
                fi
        fi
echo "Not between Sat 5:15 and 6:50.... Continue script..."

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get data between the start time and end time?

Hi, Can anyone help me how can I get the line that between the start time and end time. file1.txt 15/03/2009 20:45:03 Request: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 20:45:12 Response: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 22:10:40 Request: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 22:10:42 Response: - Data of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tanit
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Time/Date on a server

I have two servers which are not in sync. I need to write a script that checks the time on the corresponding server and another script to call the above script on both the servers simulataneously to check if there is a time difference. Can anyone provide me with such scripts as I am new to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravneet123
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check time and Increase counter

Hi all... the last two weeks have been very educational... I went through a bunch of websites about linux and its commands.. still not have mastered it nor its many operators ... and symbols. I wish I had more time to dig to the next and unix.com but I m on a deadline for this project. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abilash.amara
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time check!

How can i do something, that will be doing periodicaly for 24 hours and then do something else. For example: i want to write "time" in a text file every 10 sec but only for the next 24 h and then rewrite all that data to an other file, then again write "time" in the first file every 10 sec,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: petel1
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file time stamp

Hi, I need help to read file in a directory on basis of time stamp. e.g. If file access in last 2 minutes it should not be copy to remote directory. Below is my script. #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date +"%Y-%m-%d_%H%M"` SEPARATER=" " exec < out_interfaces.cfg while read source_path... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: qamar.alam
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check whether a process started at particular time

I want to check whether a particular process has started at 10:00a.m or not. I can check process by ps -fu but dont know how to check it with respect to time. Could anyone help me with this? ---------- Post updated at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:52 AM ---------- can i use... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishore kumar
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF loop to check the time modified

Hi Frnds, i have a folder test in which files generated daily how to chek the files that are modified on that day as a condition for ex, if then echo "i have got something to do with the file" else echo" sorry" fi i will have more than 3 to 4 files that are modified today. and if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
5 Replies

8. Programming

Find gaps in time data and replace missing time value and column 2 value by interpolation in awk

Dear all, I am kindly seeking assistance on the following issue. I am working with data that is sampled every 0.05 hours (that is 3 minutes intervals) here is a sample data from the file 5.00000 15.5030 5.05000 15.6680 5.10000 16.0100 5.15000 16.3450 5.20000 16.7120 5.25000... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if time format is valid

How can I validate if time (HH:MM:SS) argument is valid? I got this from web but I can't modify it to exit the script if the time argument is invalid. echo $1 | awk -F ':' '{ print ($1 <= 23 && $2 <= 59 && $3 <= 59) ? "good" : "bad" }' ex: ./script.ksh 12:34:21 = okay ./script.ksh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
10 Replies
CAL_FROM_JD(3)								 1							    CAL_FROM_JD(3)

cal_from_jd - Converts from Julian Day Count to a supported calendar

SYNOPSIS
array cal_from_jd (int $jd, int $calendar) DESCRIPTION
cal_from_jd(3) converts the Julian day given in $jd into a date of the specified $calendar. Supported $calendar values are CAL_GREGORIAN, CAL_JULIAN, CAL_JEWISH and CAL_FRENCH. PARAMETERS
o $jd - Julian day as integer o $calendar - Calendar to convert to RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing calendar information like month, day, year, day of week, abbreviated and full names of weekday and month and the date in string form "month/day/year". EXAMPLES
Example #1 cal_from_jd(3) example <?php $today = unixtojd(mktime(0, 0, 0, 8, 16, 2003)); print_r(cal_from_jd($today, CAL_GREGORIAN)); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [date] => 8/16/2003 [month] => 8 [day] => 16 [year] => 2003 [dow] => 6 [abbrevdayname] => Sat [dayname] => Saturday [abbrevmonth] => Aug [monthname] => August ) SEE ALSO
cal_to_jd(3), jdtofrench(3), jdtogregorian(3), jdtojewish(3), jdtojulian(3), jdtounix(3). PHP Documentation Group CAL_FROM_JD(3)