Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming python curses , segmentation fault on screen.addstr() Post 302361500 by openfly on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 10:49:44 AM
Old 10-13-2009
It's a redhat derivative running python 2.3.

Basically the environment I am executing in now is a stripped down version of my dev environment. And it's using the same libraries and binaries... just less of them.

window.addstr() seems to be the culprit, and I'm almost certain it's an environment issue... but I have no clue what it could be if it's not locale.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Segmentation fault

I am tring to install Lotus Domino/Notes 5.0.5 on a AIX 4.3.3 server. I go to run the cdrom/ibmpow/install and I get the following error. Lotus Notes for Unix Install Program --------------------------------------------- ./install: 10088 Segmentation fault This had Lotus Notes installed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jshaulis
1 Replies

2. Linux

Segmentation fault

Hi, on a linux Red HAT(with Oracle DB 9.2.0.7) I have following error : RMAN> delete obsolete; RMAN retention policy will be applied to the command RMAN retention policy is set to redundancy 2 using channel ORA_DISK_1 Segmentation fault What does it mean ? And the solution ? Many thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

Hi, While comparing primary key data of two tables thr bteq script I am getting this Error. This script is a shell script. *** Error: The following error was encountered on the output file. Script.sh: 3043492 Segmentation fault(coredump) Please let me know how to get through it. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
5 Replies

4. Programming

Clearing screen in Python using curses?

Hi guys, I've got the following code for clearing the screen in my Python shell using curses: import curses scrn = curses.initscr() scrn.clear() However, upon execution, my shell crashes. Would appreciate a pointer in the right direction. Thanks. :D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadistik_exec
4 Replies

5. Programming

segmentation fault.

This code is causing a segmentation fault and I can't figure out why. I'm new to UNIX and I need to learn how to avoid this segmentation fault thing. Thank you so much. Thanks also for the great answers to my last post.:):b: int main() { mysqlpp::Connection conn(false); if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
3 Replies

6. Programming

Segmentation fault in C

i have this code int already_there(char *client_names, char *username) { int i; for(i = 0; i<NUM; i++) { printf("HERE\n"); if (strcmp(client_names, username)==0) return(1); } return(0); } and i get a segmentation fault, whats wrong here? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

segmentation fault with ps

What does this mean and why is this happening? $ ps -ef | grep ocular Segmentation fault (core dumped) $ ps -ef | grep ocular Segmentation fault (core dumped) $ ps aux | grep ocular Segmentation fault (core dumped) $ ps Segmentation fault (core dumped) $ pkill okular $ ps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault

#include<stdio.h> #include<malloc.h> #include<unistd.h> #include<stdlib.h> void *start_1(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); pthread_exit((void*)1); } void *start_2(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); return (void*)2; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincent__tse
2 Replies

9. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
curs_scr_dump(3X)														 curs_scr_dump(3X)

NAME
scr_dump, scr_restore, scr_init, scr_set - read (write) a curses screen from (to) a file SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scr_dump(const char *filename); int scr_restore(const char *filename); int scr_init(const char *filename); int scr_set(const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
The scr_dump routine dumps the current contents of the virtual screen to the file filename. The scr_restore routine sets the virtual screen to the contents of filename, which must have been written using scr_dump. The next call to doupdate restores the screen to the way it looked in the dump file. The scr_init routine reads in the contents of filename and uses them to initialize the curses data structures about what the terminal cur- rently has on its screen. If the data is determined to be valid, curses bases its next update of the screen on this information rather than clearing the screen and starting from scratch. scr_init is used after initscr or a system call to share the screen with another process which has done a scr_dump after its endwin call. The data is declared invalid if the terminfo capabilities rmcup and nrrmc exist; also if the terminal has been written to since the preceding scr_dump call. The scr_set routine is a combination of scr_restore and scr_init. It tells the program that the information in filename is what is cur- rently on the screen, and also what the program wants on the screen. This can be thought of as a screen inheritance function. To read (write) a window from (to) a file, use the getwin and putwin routines [see curs_util(3X)]. RETURN VALUE
All routines return the integer ERR upon failure and OK upon success. X/Open defines no error conditions. In this implementation, each will return an error if the file cannot be opened. NOTES
Note that scr_init, scr_set, and scr_restore may be macros. PORTABILITY
The XSI Curses standard, Issue 4, describes these functions (adding the const qualifiers). The SVr4 docs merely say under scr_init that the dump data is also considered invalid "if the time-stamp of the tty is old" but do not de- fine "old". SEE ALSO
curses(3X), curs_initscr(3X), curs_refresh(3X), curs_util(3X), system(3) curs_scr_dump(3X)