Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris application Crashes on memset ?? any suggestions Post 302361498 by sudharma on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 10:36:06 AM
Old 10-13-2009
Thanks a lot jlliagre

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about memset fuction

Dear all, In my code,i am planning to use memset function to re-initialise an array before populating it everytime. Will using memset function be an overload to the program? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

questions in memset

HI all , please find the piece of code below char *t; char *f; char buf; memset(buf,0,50); after that i am assigning memory for (i=0; i<100; i++) { t = buf+(i*6); f = "ARUN"; } my question .. 1) i have run this it is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

memset vs calloc

Dear Friends, Can any one tell me the difference between memset and calloc function in C. Regards, Selvi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvi
7 Replies

4. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

5. Programming

C bzero() to memset() issue

Hi guys, my tool works fine in gentoo, ubuntu now im trying to port it to windows but bzero/bcopy I read aren't working on windows and for better portability I should of use memset() so im trying to translate bzero(buffer,256);in printf("MAIL TO"); strcpy(buffer, rcp); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jess83
4 Replies

6. Programming

C++ program crashes

Hi, Could anyone tell me the reason why the following program crashes? class A { int x; public: A() { cout << "from A()" << endl; } ~A() { cout << "from ~A()" << endl; } }; class B : public A { public: B() { cout << "from B()"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

motif application crashes while calling XtDestroyWidget

Hi All, We have a 32bit Motif Gui application. Now we ported the application from Solaris to Linux and the system is crashing very frequently. On our analysis we could find that this issue happened when we are closing the forms in our application. When the forms are closed we will delete the forms... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanushchacko
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Server crashes when not in use.

Production server crashes when there is no traffic on it. Can only recover by going to ALOM and reboot the server. This seems to happen about the same time every month. The only good thing is the server is not in production at the time of the crash. I have been unable to locate any information in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joeentech
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions for technology used for an application

I want to develop an application. Simply, Open this application via the web Access database to retrieve some information Do some validation and process inputs Create a file based on a master file from a UNIX server Put that file to the UNIX server That is it. I have got suggestions to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
5 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Memset fails on Solaris

Hi, memset call is failing on solaris for me. I wrote below code and that also fails. Any hints? void *memset(void *dst, int c, size_t n) { if (n) { char *d = dst; do { *d++ = c; } while (--n); } return dst; } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
2 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)