Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX STDIN Devie File Name and Location Post 302361343 by erra_krishna on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 03:40:57 AM
Old 10-13-2009
STDIN Devie File Name and Location

Hi all,
I want to know the device filename of STDIN in HPUX.
As the same is available on other platforms at /dev/ directory as "/dev/stdin", i can't find any filename for STDIN at /dev/ in HPUX.

Please let me know the name and location of device file of STDIN on HPUX.

Thanks

regards,
Srikrishna Erra.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Changing stdin from file redirection to console input

Hi I am doing file redirection at console for use by my binary. %console%> bin &lt inputfile After reading in the entire file, I want my program to continue taking input from the console. So essentially I want to redirect stdin back to console. But I cant figure out how to do it. I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nauman
4 Replies

2. AIX

STDIN Devie File Name and Location

Hi all, I want to know the device filename of STDIN in AIX. On other platforms(Linux and solaris), the device file for stdin is available at /dev/ directory as "/dev/stdin". But i didn't find any filename for STDIN at /dev/ directory in AIX. Please let me know the name and location of device... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: erra_krishna
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put one string from one location to another location in a file

Hi Everyone, I have 1.txt here a b c' funny"yes"; d e The finally output is: here a b c d e' funny"yes"; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

4. Programming

Read redirected file from stdin in C (a.out < file)

Hello everybody, Having a file with the following content: 192.168.0.254->192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2->192.168.0.34 192.168.0.56->192.168.0.77 I need to code a program in C to read it from stdin redirection (i.e. root@box~# ./a.out < file), my question is, how can i do that? I've tried with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace string in file with stdin

Hi Im trying to do the following: grep -H Date: out/* | sed 's/':'/ /' | awk '$4 ~ /^/ {print $1}' | while read VARIABLE; do awk '{print $1,$3,$2}' $VARIABLE | sed (take stdin and replace a string in $VARIABLE) done What this is basically doing is finding all files with Date: in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File created in a different location instead of desired location on using crontab

Hi, I am logging to a linux server through a user "user1" in /home directory. There is a script in a directory in 'root' for which all permissions are available including the directory. This script when executed creates a file in the directory. When the script is added to crontab, on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana.n
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a file from one location to another location?

I have file file1.txt in location 'loc1'. Now i want a copy of this file in location 'loc2' with a new file called test.txt. Please help me how to do this in shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to use variable instead of stdin or file

on linux systems, i can do something like this: $ JIOO=hello.one.two $ $ awk -F"." '{print $2}' <<< "${JIOO}" however, on older systems or other unix systems that dont have the fancy stuff this does not work. i contemplated using "-v var="${JIOO}" but i dont think that works. any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accept data from file or stdin in script

I have a script that looks like this:sed -f myfile.sed $1 > $1.out called myscript and would like to change it so the parameter isn't necessary: ls *.idx | myscript | xargs some_command What do I need to add so it can run either way? TIA ---------- Post updated at 09:41 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbport
1 Replies
device_maps(4)                                                     File Formats                                                     device_maps(4)

NAME
device_maps - device_maps file SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/device_maps DESCRIPTION
The device_maps file contains access control information about each physical device. Each device is represented by a one line entry of the form: device-name : device-type : device-list : where device-name This is an arbitrary ASCII string naming the physical device. This field contains no embedded white space or non- printable characters. device-type This is an arbitrary ASCII string naming the generic device type. This field identifies and groups together devices of like type. This field contains no embedded white space or non-printable characters. device-list This is a list of the device special files associated with the physical device. This field contains valid device special file path names separated by white space. The device_maps file is an ASCII file that resides in the /etc/security directory. Lines in device_maps can end with a `' to continue an entry on the next line. Comments may also be included. A `#' makes a comment of all further text until the next NEWLINE not immediately preceded by a `'. Leading and trailing blanks are allowed in any of the fields. The device_maps file must be created by the system administrator before device allocation is enabled. This file is owned by root, with a group of sys, and a mode of 0644. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample device_maps file # scsi tape st1: rmt: /dev/rst21 /dev/nrst21 /dev/rst5 /dev/nrst5 /dev/rst13 /dev/nrst13 /dev/rst29 /dev/nrst29 /dev/rmt/1l /dev/rmt/1m /dev/rmt/1 /dev/rmt/1h /dev/rmt/1u /dev/rmt/1ln /dev/rmt/1mn /dev/rmt/1n /dev/rmt/1hn /dev/rmt/1un /dev/rmt/1b /dev/rmt/1bn: FILES
/etc/security/device_maps SEE ALSO
allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), deallocate(1), dminfo(1M), list_devices(1) NOTES
The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 16 Jan 2001 device_maps(4)