Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Mailing from AIX 5.3 to windows mail system. Post 302361256 by jfd7000 on Monday 12th of October 2009 07:22:47 PM
Old 10-12-2009
Hi,
I did the command but I get the below error?

I have replaced my email address with name@company.co.uk and my login with login@host to keep my mail address private.

The error message is:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
name@company.co.uk
(reason: 504 <login@host>: Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you set the particular smtp settings for an AIX user?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailing with attachments in mail command in HP-UX Release 11i

Hi Can some one tell me how to send a mail with body and file attached in a shell sript, in HP-UX Release 11i. i did code in AIX and it works fine but i guess here in HP-UX release.. there's some syntax change which i;m not able to make out.. TIA, Ronnie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
1 Replies

2. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

3. AIX

Sync AIX system time with Windows Domain Controller

Yeah so, I have setup a domain controller (windows 2003) active directory machine and it is managing couple of windows servers and workstation. I also have couple of AIX machines that need to have the same time as other windows server and workstation hanging off of that domain controller. Now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murderfly
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting a Windows system to a UNIX system

Hello I am looking for advise on how to convert a windows based computer system into a UNIX based operating system.. I would like to be able to learn UNIX better than I know it and work didn't allow me to work with UNIX much. Is there a book where I could learn how to accomplish that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baksg1995
6 Replies

5. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

6. AIX

How to export AIX File system NFS to Windows ?

Hello, Can someone please point to an easy document or steps how to export AIX file system /whatever to Windows O/S Basically Windows should see this filesystem / directory and should be able to write in this filesystem / directory Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

7. AIX

Can I install AIX operating system on a PC that is running windows 7?

Hi All, I was wondering if I can install AIX 6.1 on my D harddrive and have Windows 7 on my C harddrive. If so, can anybody help me with the installation of AIX? I am totally new to AIX and don't know how to install it. Tried getting info from google on how to install AIX but couldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_Beginner
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

E-mailing Multiple Attachments in AIX

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to write ascript on AIX 5.3, that will e-mail all filles within a directory. But on executing a script , it sends only 1 file from the directory alongwith some Junk data. I have searched whole forum and almost used all the suggestions, but still getting same problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gem_In_I
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript on AIX to download file from windows to AIX

i require the shell script that is running on the AIX to download a file from Windows desktop to the location where the shell script resides onthe AIX system. I have used the below code: but it throwing the error as below.please help me at the earliest to resolve the issue. error message :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvkc
1 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
mail.local(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mail.local(1M)

NAME
mail.local - store mail in a mailbox SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mail.local [-f sender] [-d] recipient DESCRIPTION
mail.local reads the standard input up to an end-of-file and appends it to each user's mail file (mailbox). This program is intended to be used by sendmail(1M) as a mail delivery agent for local mail. It is not a user interface agent. Messages are appended to the user's mail file in the /var/mail directory. The user must be a valid user name. Each delivered mail message in the mailbox is preceded by a "Unix From line" with the following format: From sender_address time_stamp The sender_address is extracted from the SMTP envelope address (the envelope address is specified with the -f option). A trailing blank line is also added to the end of each message. The mail files are locked with a .lock file while mail is appended. The mail files are created with mode 660, owner is set to recipient, and group is set to mail. If the ``biff'' service is returned by get- servbyname(3SOCKET), the biff server is notified of delivered mail. This program also computes the Content-Length: header which will be used by the mailbox reader to mark the message boundary. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f sender Specifies the "envelope from address" of the message. This flag is technically optional, but should be used. -d Specifies the recipient of the message. This flag is also optional and is supported here for backward compatibility. That is, mail.local recipient is the same as mail.local -d recipient. -l Turn on LMTP mode. -r from Specify the sender's name (for backward compatibility). -7 Do not advertise 8BITMIME support in LMTP mode. -b Return a permanent error instead of a temporary error if a mailbox exceeds quota. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: recipient The recipient of the mail message. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TZ Used to set the appropriate time zone on the timestamp. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/tmp/local.XXXXXX temporary files /tmp/lochd.XXXXXX temporary files /var/mail/user_name user's mail file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mail(1), comsat(1M), sendmail(1M), getservbyname(3SOCKET), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 11 Apr 1997 mail.local(1M)