Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu 9.04 Serial application to telnet to serial device Post 302361135 by mvona on Monday 12th of October 2009 10:34:00 AM
Old 10-12-2009
I used some command like
Code:
echo " " > /dev/remserial1; chmod 777 remserial1

I use PuTTy allot. I will try the raw mode. I do know that the pseudo terminal is in raw mode, maybe that's the ticket. Will write back when I try.Smilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Code:
1) Create a file in /dev called “remserial1” and chmod this to 777.

What is this file? How do you create it?

I might try putty's serial device option in raw mode.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

serial port device path

hi. Im trying to install a switch. And the manual says i should type a command including a SerialPortDevicePath. which is the filepath to serial port used for connection. However.. nothing about how to find this info. Could anyone help me where to find this path? thx mr.T (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyskertøs
6 Replies

2. AIX

cant telnet to aix 5.2 and not even access through serial console

I have installed aix 5.2 on aix box through serial console connected to COM 1 . I even get a login prompt after the fresh installation . But as soon as i give a root & enter i again get a login prompt.i..e I am not able to logon after a fresh installation. and even i configured IP configuration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxnightowl84
0 Replies

3. Programming

Accessing device with Prolific USB-serial controller.

I am trying to access DG-100 gps logger on Mac OS X with POSIX API. The device uses a Prolific usb-serial controller, and connect to the usb port on my mac. After I install the Prolific driver, it shows up as /dev/tty.usbserial and /dev/cu.usbserial. The vendor has published the data format. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkeybiz
1 Replies

4. Linux

Device serial number

Hey! I'm trying to figure out a sollution for a problem I have at my company with an Iomega MiniMax 500 GB USB disk. If i run cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get this information: T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=04 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Redirect an application with a Serial connection

Hi community, I've currently working on SUN Server V490 and I'm connecting with a Serial port (I DON'T HAVE ANY IP CONNECTIVITY)...I need to redirect the graphic interface of Oracle with the dbca command; I know a way with an IP Connectivity ( use a X-Server and then setenv DISPLAY... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
7 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with read data from serial device

I have problem with C programming. I want to send & receive data through serial communication. I send data(command) to device to get data from device but when receive data, it can't get altogether of data. It get only some data. What should I do to get altogether of data? If all of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: noppon_s
7 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Telnet to a serial port

Hello all. I have an old computer with M$-DOS 7. I want to use it like a dumb terminal, with telnet. I need to connect it to my desktop These are my questions: How can i configure the serial port on dos? How can i telnet form dos to the serial port? How can i set up a telnet server on the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
12 Replies

8. SCO

Modifying serial printers device

I am trying to change one of my serial printers from /dev/ttyr002 to /dev/ttyr014: lpstat -s device for check3: /dev/ttyr002 device for check4: /dev/ttyr002 I changed the tty setting for check3 in: /etc/printcap /var/spool/lp/admins/lp/printers/check3 to /dev/ttyr014 Then I get:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line from serial device with BASH

I'm new to Linux (Ubuntu 16.04), and very new to BASH scripting. I have a Numato 8-channel USB GPIO device, which is a DAQ that appears in the system as a serial port. In Linux it appears as ttyACM0. I can easily manipulate a GPO with, for example: echo "gpio set 7" > /dev/ttyACM0 ...followed... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chalk-X
12 Replies
MICROCOM(1)						      General Commands Manual						       MICROCOM(1)

NAME
microcom -- A minimalistic terminal program SYNOPSIS
microcom [-p devfile] [-s speed] [-t host:port] [-c interface:rx_id:tx_id] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the microcom command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. microcom is a is a minimalistic terminal program for accessing devices (e.g. switches) via a serial connection. It features connection via RS232 serial interfaces (including setting of transferrates) as well as in `telnetmode' as specified in rfc2217. The default escape character is crtl-. You may enter the program menu with the escape character followed by c. You may leave the program by the escape character followed by q. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h --help Show help. -p --port use the specified serial port device (default /dev/ttyS0). -s --speed use specified baudrate (default 115200). -t --telnet work in telnet (rfc2217) mode. -c --can work in CAN mode (default: (can0:200:200)) -d --debug turn on debug mode. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Alexander Reichle-Schmehl tolimar@debian.org for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. MICROCOM(1)