Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help need in Deleting Characters Post 302361099 by rajeshorpu on Monday 12th of October 2009 08:30:36 AM
Old 10-12-2009
Hi,

What does it mean what is n and length in the sample.

Can you be specific please.

Thanks-
Rajesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting First Two Characters On Each Line

How would one go about deleting the first two characters on each line of a file on Unix? I thought about using awk, but cannot seem to find if it can explicitly do this. In this case there might or might not be a field separator. Meaning that the data might look like this. 01999999999... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting last characters of a word

Hi All is there a way to delete last n characters from a word like say i have employee_new i want to delete _new. and just get only employee I want this in AIX Shell scripting Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaryan4545
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting symbols and characters between two words

Hi Please tell me how could i delete symbols, whitespaces, characters, words everything between two words in a line. Let my file is aaa BB ccc ddd eee FF kkk xxx 123456 BB 44^& iop FF 999 xxx uuu rrr BB hhh nnn FF 000 I want to delete everything comes in between BB and FF( deletion... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rish_max
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with deleting certain characters on a line

I have a file that looks like this: It is a huge file and basically I want to delete everything at the > line except for the number after “C”. >c1154... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting values with specific characters

I have a file with 3 columns 2 4 5 2 4 7 3 5 7 4 -6 9 5 -9 4 6 -3 3 Bascially I want to delete the entire row if column 2 is a "-" So the end result will be 2 4 5 2 4 7 3 5 7 I have trouble doing this cause of the - in front of the number. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting rows that have certain characters

Hi, I want to delete rows whenever column one has the letters 'rpa'. The file is tab seperated. e.g. years 1 bears 1 cats 2 rpat 3 rpa99 4 rpa011 5 then removing 'rpa' containing rows based on the first column years 1 bears 1 cats 2 thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with deleting characters from text file

I have a text file that looks like this: I want to delete the last character of first column in all rows so that my output looks like this: Thanks a lot! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all characters before the last occurrence of /

Hi All, I have a text file with the following text in it: file:///About/accessibility.html file:///About/disclaimer.html file:///About/disclaimer.html#disclaimer file:///pubmed?term=%22Dacre%20I%22%5BAuthor%5D file:///pubmed?term=%22Madigan%20J%22%5BAuthor%5D... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting new line characters

Hi, I have a weird requirement. I am having a file with 12fields in it and the end of the line for each record is "\n" (Just \n and no carriage returns) and the field delimiter is "|". Problem is I can have new line characters in any field in the data and these new line characters can even come... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngkumar
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Specific Characters in Script

What's one single UNIX pipeline that would delete all of the vowels from one file (global)? I know I would need to use the sed command. But I'm stuck after that. i know how to replace characters with other characters I just don't know how to fully get rid of it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarahahah
4 Replies
Data::Phrasebook::Loader::Base(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Data::Phrasebook::Loader::Base(3pm)

NAME
Data::Phrasebook::Loader::Base - Base loader plugin class. SYNOPSIS
$class->new( %attributes ); DESCRIPTION
"Data::Phrasebook::Loader::Base" acts as a base class for phrasebook plugins. CONSTRUCTOR
new "new" instantiates the plugin object, creating a blessed hash of any attributes passed as arguments. INHERITABLE METHODS
load "load" is an abstract method here. You must define your own in your subclass. Loads the phrasebook. get "get" is an abstract method here. You must define your own in your subclass. Gets the phrase. dicts "dicts" is an abstract method here. You must define your own in your subclass. Returns the list of dictionaries available. keywords "keywords" is an abstract method here. You must define your own in your subclass. Returns the list of keywords available. class Returns the current "class" of loader. SEE ALSO
Data::Phrasebook, Data::Phrasebook::Loader. SUPPORT
Please see the README file. AUTHOR
Barbie, <barbie@cpan.org> for Miss Barbell Productions <http://www.missbarbell.co.uk>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Barbie for Miss Barbell Productions. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the Artistic Licence v2. perl v5.10.1 2010-08-31 Data::Phrasebook::Loader::Base(3pm)