Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Native & Green Threads
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Native & Green Threads Post 302361065 by smanu on Monday 12th of October 2009 05:34:50 AM
Old 10-12-2009
Native & Green Threads

Hi,

While compiling an application on Solaris 10, I observe the following printout. The same compilation passed some time ago(but perhaps the compilers were different then! We are maintaining this product and lost track of previous changes).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** panic: libthread loaded into green threads
Abort
*** Error code 134
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the steps in compiling this application involves compiling a bunch of signal files into a header file.

Googling on this I came to know that only native threads need to be used to overcome this. Can somebody shed more light on the root cuase of this problem?

Regards,
smanu.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Threads and Threads Count ?

Hi all, How can I get the list of all Threads and the Total count of threads under a particular process ? Do suggest !! Awaiting for the replies !! Thanks Varun:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

2. Programming

locking mutexes, threads & semahores

What is the difference between mutex_lock and pthread_mutex_lock ? Should I use both when using binary semaphores. Also, what is the difference between using a binary semaphore and a counting semaphore where you wait on the condition variable ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joey
1 Replies

3. Programming

Regarding Native method

Hi, I am working with solaris 9 and I am using jre1.6. In my application,I am using java and C++ in my application.Basically we are using the java for front end and C/C++ for back hand.So I have to call the C/C++ source code form java code.we are using native methods for it.. So application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Spawn more than 8 threads OpenMP & HPUX

Hi folks, I am trying to run more than 8 threads in OpenMP team on my HP-UX 11i v3 system (without root access), but NO success. Compiler: aCC A.06.26 I tried to setup: OMP_NUM_THREADS, omp_set_num_threads(), max_thread_proc=1000, nkthread=8416, set_dynamic=0 Machine has 2 processors... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ATveretinov
1 Replies
AC(8)							      System Manager's Manual							     AC(8)

NAME
ac - login accounting SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ac [ -w wtmp ] [ -p ] [ -d ] [ people ] ... DESCRIPTION
Ac produces a printout giving connect time for each user who has logged in during the life of the current wtmp file. A total is also pro- duced. -w is used to specify an alternate wtmp file. -p prints individual totals; without this option, only totals are printed. -d causes a printout for each midnight to midnight period. Any people will limit the printout to only the specified login names. If no wtmp file is given, /usr/adm/wtmp is used. The accounting file /usr/adm/wtmp is maintained by init and login. Neither of these programs creates the file, so if it does not exist no connect-time accounting is done. To start accounting, it should be created with length 0. On the other hand if the file is left undis- turbed it will grow without bound, so periodically any information desired should be collected and the file truncated. FILES
/usr/adm/wtmp SEE ALSO
init(8), sa(8), login(1), utmp(5). 4th Berkeley Distribution November 16, 1996 AC(8)