Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: moving rrd data to mysql
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring moving rrd data to mysql Post 302360933 by Scott on Sunday 11th of October 2009 02:30:28 PM
Old 10-11-2009
Hi pupp.

No, I never have for that specific purpose. But I have used RRDtool for a while, and used it to extract data for other purposes (such as formatting it to compile reports, generating graphs, etc.).

Is there a specific problem you're having?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Moving specific data between databases

Dear All, I have 2 databases, There is a lot of data in both the databases, i would like to move some data from one database to the other. I would like to accept 2 parameters from the user, i.e. emplyee id & dept, on entering the 2 i will unload all the data from the tables to the flat files.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lloydnwo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving data from one database to other

Dear All, I have 2 databases, There is a lot of data in both the databases, i would like to move some data from one database to the other. I would like to accept 2 parameters from the user, i.e. emplyee id & dept, on entering the 2 i will unload all the data from the tables to the flat files.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lloydnwo
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will moving data from one filesystem to another affect current software installation

Here we have concern. We have a IBM software installed in a server S1 in the location : /opt/IBM. In this server S1, we have /opt file system in local disk. We don't have any option to increase the file system there. We have created a separate /opt/IBM_NEW file system with 10GB in S1 server.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files listed in a data file to a new directory using Perl

Hi, I have a data file that lists a number of files. I want to move the files named in that one to another directory. Here's what I have: #!/usr/bin/perl -w open(FILE, "<collision.txt"); my @lines=<FILE>; foreach my $lines (@lines) { system("mv $lines collisions/."); } close(FILE); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: renthead720
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a column across a delimited data file

Hi, I am trying to move a column from one position to another position in a delimited file. The positions are dynamic in nature and are available by environmental variables. Also the file can have n number of columns. Example: Initial Column Position=1 Final Column Position=3 Delimiter='|' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayan153
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data file moving

Suppose there is a file “Text1.txt” which contains 100 lines. I need to move 1st 25 line into another file “Text2.txt” How we can do it? Suppose there is a file “Text1.txt” in which city: Bangalore is repeating N times. I need to replace Bangalore with Delhi. How we can do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh1412
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling Data, Then Moving to the Next File

I'm scanning a list of emails- I need to pull 2 pieces of data, then move to the next file: Sender's Email Address Email Date I need these to be outputted into a single column- separated by a ",". Like this: Email1's Address, Email1's Date Stamp Email2's Address, Email2's Date Stamp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with moving list of data to 2nd column of HTML file

Hi Team, Can you help me with writing shell script to printing the list output to 2nd column in HTML file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veereshshenoy
2 Replies
PMDAMYSQL(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDAMYSQL(1)

NAME
pmdamysql - MySQL database PMDA DESCRIPTION
pmdamysql is a Performance Co-Pilot PMDA which extracts live performance data from a running MySQL database. INSTALLATION
pmdamysql uses a configuration file from (in this order): o /etc/pcpdbi.conf o $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf This file can contain overridden values (Perl code) for the settings listed at the start of pmdamysql.pl, namely: o database name (see DBI(3) for details) o database user name o database pass word Once this is setup, you can access the names and values for the mysql performance metrics by doing the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Remove pmdamysql is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. Binary Status values in text Some of the status values are in the form of YES/NO or ON/OFF. Since these cannot be intepreted by tools like PMIE, they have been duplicated with a _num extension and the values of 1 (YES/ON) or 0 (NO/OFF). Eg: o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running_num FILES
/etc/pcpdbi.conf configuration file for all PCP database monitors $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf configuration file for pmdamysql $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Install installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Remove undo installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/mysql.log default log file for error messages from pmdamysql SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), pmdadbping.pl(1) and DBI(3). # vi: sw=4 ts=4 et: 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDAMYSQL(1)