Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris solaris reboots as it start loading Post 302360804 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 10th of October 2009 12:40:05 PM
Old 10-10-2009
i don't understand your question...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun solaris server auto reboots

Hi Guys, For the past month, our sun solaris server has rebooted itself 3 times. The sysadmin is saying that is not a sun issue and does not want to carry out any further research with sun about that. The db logfile does not show anything about any db issues at that time. I opened an oracle TAR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnjanje
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

server reboots

Hi all i am using sun solaris 2.8 un sunultra10 sparc server.It is our firewall server. with check point firewall running. but the server suddenly halted several times with the same error as follows....and then there was no option but to reboot. the error was panic /thread=0*6115d360... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loading up Solaris OS

can someone point me to a good site that shows how to do this? i'm talking about loading solaris version 8 or 9. and i mean loadin it in real time, not on my personal pc. this is in regards to disaster recovery. any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX reboots? Time between them?

HP-UX reboots? Time between them? I have a ? concerning planned reboots of a HPUX 11.11 (RP7410 machine; 10GB RAM; Oracle 8; BaaN v4c4 ERP). My new boss seems to think that all machines (Wintel & UX) should run 24x7x365 and NEVER ever require a reboot. In the practical world we SysAdmins know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bergerp
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 - boot CD not loading

I recently downloaded solaris 10 disk images and I am trying to load it onto my system. I cannot get the PC to load off of the disk 1 image. I created the disk using windows easy cd creator just like the download instructions said, but i get a boot failure. :eek: Any ideas??? ( BIOS ok !!! ) ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: spider123
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 9.0 (x86 on AMD Opteron) reboots after i FTP through Telnet

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 9 on on an AMD Opteron based server. The server is rebooting after i perform the following: - Logon to Solaris 9 AMD box through telnet or putty - ftp to any other box suppose box A where the FTP server is running - After logging in to the box A through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsvarma
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function loading in a shell scripting like class loading in java

Like class loader in java, can we make a function loader in shell script, for this can someone throw some light on how internally bash runs a shell script , what happenes in runtime ... thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpsc_sela
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 9 login Screen not loading

The system loads fine no errors on the system during boot. when it tries to start it goes to hostname % it does not show the login screen for the users. any help on this would be great. is the X11 not starting properly? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
16 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Login Screen Not Loading

I (think I) successfully installed Solaris 10 5/09 on the IDE hard drive of my computer using the 5 installation CDs I downloaded from the Sun website. But now when I boot from the IDE hard drive I think it boots successfully but It asks me for the root password or Ctrl+D to abort. When I give it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX reboots

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to figure out how many times my LPAR has been bounced? Anybody know a command or a place I can look into. The "who -b" shows the last system boot and I couldn't find anything useful using the "last" command. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zroz9
8 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)