Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 2 CMD results on the same line while rexing in a loop Post 302360692 by jlliagre on Friday 9th of October 2009 04:46:15 PM
Old 10-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn

This may or may not help, but I know that when I have something like:
Code:
  while read SERVER do;
    ssh $SERVER some_command
  done < servers.txt

It only does the first one (I guess ssh closes standard input or something when it's done(??))
You guess right. It is easily overcome by using the -n option:
Code:
while read SERVER
do
  ssh -n $SERVER some_command
done < servers.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Iterating a hash through a foreach loop - unexpected results

i've reworked some code from an earlier post, and it isn't working as expected i've simplified it to try and find the problem. i spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong, eventually thinking there was a bug in perl or a problem with my computer. but, i've tried it on 3 machines with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quantumechanix
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

works from cmd-line but not in script

hi I'm trying to query a directory, check it's the right directory, return the results into a text file, put text file into an array and navigate the subdirectories and delete contents. find `pwd` -type d | grep TESTINGDIR > dirList.txt The txt file is created from the cmd-line but not in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: OFFSIHR
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing tokens from cmd line

Hi everyone. I am trying to develop my own shell,and i am in the part of redirection. let's say the user gives as input cat test > test2 in the array of arguments i want to keep only arg=cat,arg=test. ">" token is not an input file so cat cannot worka and test2 is output.how can i remove > and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Reset ILOM from cmd line

One of our T5220 console is not working & unable to login to ILOM , but system is up & running . is there a way to reset ILOM from command line ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

doing a for loop adding up the results

Hi there If I run a 'swap -l' on my solaris box, i get swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s1 54,65 8 67119560 65655144 /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s2 54,65 8 33119522 32655122 I wanted to run a for loop adding up the totals of each column 4 , excluding the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

6. Programming

How to take input from cmd line into file

Hi, I want to be able to write a simple program that takes in input from the command line. I;m am at the level of getchar and putchar. Any examples would be a great help thanks. I intend/prefer also to use the pipe command | eg: input | file1 ---------- Post updated at 04:08 PM ----------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metros
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate Loop Results

Hi, I have the following situation: Param1Values = AAAA,BBBB Param1=$(echo $Param1Values| tr "," "\n") for x in $Param1 do db2 select X from Y where Z IN ('$x') done Obviously the above will perform the select 'x' amount of times. Is there a way in which i can... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichZR
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through awk results

I have files structured in stanzas, whose title is '', and the rest couples of 'id: value'. I need to find text within the title and return the whole stanzas that match the title. The following works: awk 'BEGIN{RS="";IGNORECASE=1}/^\/' myfileI would need to count all of the occurences, though,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hermes14
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Narrowing sed Results in While Loop

find $SRC -type f -name *.emlx | while read FILE do if : then sed -n '/From/p' $FILE fi done > $DEST-output.txt The loop above spits out a .txt file with several lines that look like this: From: John Smith <jsmith@company.com> How can I narrow that sed result to spit out the email... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Df -h results in a loop

Hello everyone, I am doing a check of the disk space using df -h, I want to combine the result in break line; but the result after while/done is empty: # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on rootfs 20G 14G 4.6G 75% / /dev/root 20G 14G 4.6G 75% /... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abu Rayane
15 Replies
SERVER(7) SQL Commands ALTER SERVER(7) NAME
ALTER SERVER - change the definition of a foreign server SYNOPSIS
ALTER SERVER servername [ VERSION 'newversion' ] [ OPTIONS ( [ ADD | SET | DROP ] option ['value'] [, ... ] ) ] ALTER SERVER servername OWNER TO new_owner DESCRIPTION
ALTER SERVER changes the definition of a foreign server. The first form changes the server version string or the generic options of the server (at least one clause is required). The second form changes the owner of the server. To alter the server you must be the owner of the server. Additionally to alter the owner, you must own the server and also be a direct or indirect member of the new owning role, and you must have USAGE privilege on the server's foreign-data wrapper. (Note that superusers sat- isfy all these criteria automatically.) PARAMETERS
servername The name of an existing server. serverversion New server version. OPTIONS ( [ ADD | SET | DROP ] option ['value'] [, ... ] ) Change options for the server. ADD, SET, and DROP specify the action to be performed. ADD is assumed if no operation is explicitly specified. Option names must be unique; names and values are also validated using the server's foreign-data wrapper library. EXAMPLES
Alter server foo, add connection options: ALTER SERVER foo OPTIONS (host 'foo', dbname 'foodb'); Alter server foo, change version, change host option: ALTER SERVER foo VERSION '8.4' OPTIONS (SET host 'baz'); COMPATIBILITY
ALTER SERVER conforms to ISO/IEC 9075-9 (SQL/MED). SEE ALSO
CREATE SERVER [create_server(7)], DROP SERVER [drop_server(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ALTER SERVER(7)