Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to use a Shell Script for specific commands Post 302360673 by dratech09 on Friday 9th of October 2009 03:39:06 PM
Old 10-09-2009
Ok, now I am getting command not found errors. If my directory that had all of the sub-directories was this:

Code:
/cygdrive/c/Users/Regini/Desktop/file

Then where would I put this in the code you gave me?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to run a few commands help!

Hi friends this is first post i am very new to shell scripting so i require your expertise to do the following thank u I need to write a shell script which will run the following commands pg_dump bank > backup(Enter) Wait for bash prompt to appear coz it indicates that the command is... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: perk_bud
23 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get ascii value using shell commands/script

Hi gurus, Need command/code to get the ASCII value for a character say 65 for A and vice versa in shell script. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

how to write shell specific commands?

I am using Fedora 8,Red hat 9. Whenever we write a new command. Then we goto "/usr/bin" and then place this in this directory.And hence we can use it as a command anywhere from the terminal. We generally see commands like "trap" which run only in bash shell.We also have other shell specific... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsharath
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why can't embed commands like fg or bg in a shell script ?

Hi Can someone explain in an easy way that why can't embed commands like fg or bg in a shell script ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Ex editor commands in a shell script - Help!

Hi all, I am trying to use the Ex editor and its commands in a script - more specifically within an if statement within a while loop. Here are the basics of the loop: cat $file1 | while read line do grep $line $file2 if ] then echo $line > $file2 elseex $file2 /ESI185... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke222010
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux commands in shell script?

I am trying to learn to write basic shell scripts. I have a little experience with perl but none with shell. I am trying to write a simple script to write the last 15 or so lines of log files for my web server to a temp file so I can view all at once. Here's what I have. Are you not able to use... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktb231
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands to run from shell script

Hi script> isumid 98765432 if i give above command in cmd prompt it is running the same thing if i give inside the shell script it is not working below is the code #!/bin/bash isumid 98765432 please give me a solution (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramrangasamy
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands at a specific time.

Hello All, I have written a script which which is working fine to a certain logic of it. But i want a part of the script to run two commands at 00:10 hrs every day. These two command are 1. rm -rf /path/to/folder 2. mail the content of a file. How do i achieve this. Thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Two exec commands in one shell script?

Hi Folks - Is there a way to add two execs to one script? For instance, I need to redirect the stdout and stderr to two separate directories. I want to do this: #::-- Direct STDOUT and STDERROR to repositories --::# exec 2>"${_ERRORFILE}" > "${_LOGFILE}" exec 2>"/new/path/file.err" >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
7 Replies
Net::Sieve::Script::Action(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::Sieve::Script::Action(3pm)

NAME
Net::Sieve::Script::Action - parse and write actions in sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
use Net::Sieve::Script::Action; $action = Net::Sieve::Script::Action->new('redirect "bart@example.edu"'); or $action = Net::Sieve::Script::Action->new(); $action->command('redirect'); $action->param('"bart@example.edu"'); DESCRIPTION
Action object for Net::Sieve::Script, with command and optional param. Support RFC 5228, RFC 5230 (vacation), regex draft METHODS
CONSTRUCTOR new Argument : "command param" string, parse valid commands from RFCs, param are not validate. command read command : "$action->command()" set command : "$action->command('stop')" param read param : "$action->param()" set param : "$action->param(' :days 3 "I am away this week."')" equals return 1 if actions are equals AUTHOR
Yves Agostini - Univ Metz - <agostini@univ-metz.fr> <http://www.crium.univ-metz.fr> COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.0 2008-09-15 Net::Sieve::Script::Action(3pm)