Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to use a Shell Script for specific commands Post 302360604 by dr.house on Friday 9th of October 2009 12:08:37 PM
Old 10-09-2009
You got the idea (- mine, that is, as others will tell you that they know better Smilie).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to run a few commands help!

Hi friends this is first post i am very new to shell scripting so i require your expertise to do the following thank u I need to write a shell script which will run the following commands pg_dump bank > backup(Enter) Wait for bash prompt to appear coz it indicates that the command is... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: perk_bud
23 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get ascii value using shell commands/script

Hi gurus, Need command/code to get the ASCII value for a character say 65 for A and vice versa in shell script. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

how to write shell specific commands?

I am using Fedora 8,Red hat 9. Whenever we write a new command. Then we goto "/usr/bin" and then place this in this directory.And hence we can use it as a command anywhere from the terminal. We generally see commands like "trap" which run only in bash shell.We also have other shell specific... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsharath
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why can't embed commands like fg or bg in a shell script ?

Hi Can someone explain in an easy way that why can't embed commands like fg or bg in a shell script ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Ex editor commands in a shell script - Help!

Hi all, I am trying to use the Ex editor and its commands in a script - more specifically within an if statement within a while loop. Here are the basics of the loop: cat $file1 | while read line do grep $line $file2 if ] then echo $line > $file2 elseex $file2 /ESI185... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke222010
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux commands in shell script?

I am trying to learn to write basic shell scripts. I have a little experience with perl but none with shell. I am trying to write a simple script to write the last 15 or so lines of log files for my web server to a temp file so I can view all at once. Here's what I have. Are you not able to use... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktb231
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands to run from shell script

Hi script> isumid 98765432 if i give above command in cmd prompt it is running the same thing if i give inside the shell script it is not working below is the code #!/bin/bash isumid 98765432 please give me a solution (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramrangasamy
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands at a specific time.

Hello All, I have written a script which which is working fine to a certain logic of it. But i want a part of the script to run two commands at 00:10 hrs every day. These two command are 1. rm -rf /path/to/folder 2. mail the content of a file. How do i achieve this. Thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Two exec commands in one shell script?

Hi Folks - Is there a way to add two execs to one script? For instance, I need to redirect the stdout and stderr to two separate directories. I want to do this: #::-- Direct STDOUT and STDERROR to repositories --::# exec 2>"${_ERRORFILE}" > "${_LOGFILE}" exec 2>"/new/path/file.err" >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
7 Replies
MICRODC(1)						      General Commands Manual							MICRODC(1)

NAME
microdc - A command-line based Direct Connect client SYNOPSIS
microdc [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
microdc is a command-line based Direct Connect client that uses the GNU Readline library for user interaction. It was developed from ground up and does not depend on any other program. Despite the command-line user interface, microdc was designed to be user friendly and simple to use. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`--'). -c, --config=FILE Read configuration script from FILE rather than ~/.microdc/config. -n, --no-config Do not read config file on startup. --help Show summary of options. --version Output version information and exit. --filelist_refresh_interval=NUMBER Local filelist refresh interval (in seconds). If set to zero, program runs in a special slave mode: it never updates the file list, just checks every minute if the filelist changes, and if so - reads it. This is pretty useful if you connect to several hubs and use same filelist. FILES
The following files are used by microdc (~ represents the current user's home directory): ~/.microdc/config This file is loaded on startup. It contains commands, one per line, that will be executed on startup. You can override loading of this file with --config and --no-config. ~/.microdc/history This is the command history file. It contains a list of commands that were typed and executed from the microdc prompt. It can safely be removed. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <oskar@osk.mine.nu>. AUTHOR
The author of microdc and this manual page is Oskar Liljeblad <oskar@osk.mine.nu>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2005 Oskar Liljeblad This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. microdc September 17, 2005 MICRODC(1)