Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat how to uninstall KDE desktop in fedora 11 Post 302360582 by mark54g on Friday 9th of October 2009 11:02:57 AM
Old 10-09-2009
You can still use gnome even if KDE is installed. Did you just want to change your default? Is there a reason, besides freeing up space, that you wanted to remove KDE?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

your thoughts on the KDE desktop environmt

I wanted to get people's feedback on experiences with the KDE destop environment. I played with it for a while and was impressed. I liked the non MS apps and non MS approach to mail. via K-mail anyone else ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kde Desktop Effect won't work after installing OpenBox

I recently installed OpenBox to work with KDE in replacing the Kwin Session manager. A lot of things did seem to use less processing and memory, but it seems I've lost my KDE Desktop Effects. I managed to track down this in /home/user/.xsession-errors after trying to re-enable them: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
0 Replies

3. Linux

Load kde desktop, fedora server 21

can not load fedora 21 server kde desktop after install yum -y install @kde-desktop reboot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaja
0 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE Desktop

I installed KDE with Debian. The KDE desktop never appears. Much searching w/ Google and no help. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies

5. Fedora

Fedora: Uninstall Java JDK 1.8 and install Oracle Java 1.7.15

Hi All, I have just downloaded fedora 27 iso and set it up in virtual box. I want to learn Hadoop so trying to install Apache hadoop. Before all those I have to install Oracle Java 1.7.15 (as mentioned in the Apache hadoop page). Can you please help me how to Uninstall currently installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
6 Replies
gnome-theme-manager(1)						   User Commands					    gnome-theme-manager(1)

NAME
gnome-theme-manager - select themes for various parts of the desktop SYNOPSIS
gnome-theme-manager [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Theme preferences tool allows you to select a theme for various parts of your desktop. Your desktop theme specifies the visual appear- ance of your panels, applets and windows. The desktop theme also specifies the appearance of GNOME-compliant application interface items. For example, the theme affects the appearance of buttons, scrollbar, check boxes, and so on. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the Theme preferences tool example% gnome-theme-manager EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-theme-manExecutable for Theme preferences tool ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-control-center(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 7 Oct 2003 gnome-theme-manager(1)