Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disk space
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat disk space Post 302360541 by aboorkuma on Friday 9th of October 2009 08:45:19 AM
Old 10-09-2009
I need some expert advise , how i can get my space back
still i am struggling for that

regrads

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Out of disk space?

Hi I'm trying to install gcc and the installation program tells me that I'm out of disk space! I have just installed the os (using the default settings for partitions and sizes) and have only installed apache on the machine. Can it really be out of disk space already? How do I check how much... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

available disk space on disk device???

Hello, Can someone please tell me which command to use to determine the available disk space on a given disk device? I have to write a shell script that compresses files and stores them in a specific location but I am not sure how "conservative" I should be? Thanks in advance! Al. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk space?

I'm a Unix newbie running Solaris 9. After installing a fresh copy on a 40GB drive I noticed the available disk space is 2% free or approximately 200MB available. Is that possible? Did I do something wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbarbuto
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Disk Space

Hi Experts. I had 100% disk full , even though i have removed 2 GB space still dbf command shows 100%. How to rectify that. Appreciate your prompt help. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: test10002
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

disk space

Hello All- Am new member to this forum. Have some unix experience. But true believer in it compared to windows. Have a question regarding the disk space. I know a command to check the total disk space utilization using: df -k . but what is the command to check the same disk space by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: milkyway
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space

Hi This is my script for disk space monitoring clear if then echo "You must be root user to execute the script" fi ALERT_LEVEL=10 CONSUMPTION_LEVEL= `df -k | awk {'print $5'} | cut -d '%' -f1 | sed "1 d"` for i in $CONSUMPTION_LEVEL do FILE_SYSTEM=`df -k | awk {'print $1'} |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space

Hi Guys i have a nice little piece of code then i need to modify so that is does not look at /Voulmes/* thanks sub disk_full { my $i = 0; open( DF, "df -l|" ); while (<DF>) { #chomp(); next if (/^\/proc\b/); $i++; next if ( $i == 1 ); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk space

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, and want to monitor disk space using shell script continously on server, which will shoot mail after crossing threshold limit Please suggest. Regards Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Disk Space

Hi, I am installing TAM-eb components in solaris V10.o, unfortunately am running out of space. when I -df i come across a lot of directories. i would like to know whether there is any way to free some disk space. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ichwaiznicht
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much disk space?

Hi, I have this : uname -a Linux servername 2.6.18-194.11.3.el5PAE #1 SMP Mon Aug 23 15:57:10 EDT 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux df -k Sys. de fich. 1K-blocs Occupied Disponible Capacity Monted on /u01/applis 10321208 3190160 6606760 33% /applis Does it mean... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies
METADATA(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       METADATA(1)

NAME
MAT - Metadata Anonymisation Toolkit SYNOPSIS
mat [options] files mat-gui DESCRIPTION
The Metadata Anonymisation Toolkit is a lib (with a CLI and a GUI) created to anonymise file's metadata. In essence, metadata answer who, what, when, where, why, and how about every face of the data that are being documented. They can be a risk for privacy. OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -a, --add2archive Add to outputed archive non-supported filetypes -b, --backup Keep a backup copy -c, --check Check if a file is free of harmful metadatas -d, --display List all the harmful meta of a file without removing them -f, --force Don't check if files are clean before cleaning -l, --list List all supported fileformat -v, --version Display version and exit EXAMPLES
mat --display mydocument.pdf Display the mydocument.pdf's harmful metadata mat --check *.jpg Check all the jpg images from the current folder NOTES
MAT only process metadata, it does not handle file data. Blame yourself if you are traced back because of the data of your files. MAT is not perfect : In most of the cases, a forensic expert with a lot of time can trace back your document. If you want absolute privacy, use plain-text. AUTHOR
Julien (jvoisin) Voisin <pouicpouicpouic@gmail.com>, during the GSoC 2011 BUGS
MAT does not handle watermaking/tattoo for now. SEE ALSO
exiftool, hachoir-metadata Metadata Anonymisation Toolkit August 2011 METADATA(1)