Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ZFS and VxVM
Operating Systems Solaris ZFS and VxVM Post 302360508 by Sunb3 on Friday 9th of October 2009 06:56:01 AM
Old 10-09-2009
Lightbulb ZFS and VxVM

Hi community,

I've a hard question for you.

1)What are the differences between ZFS and Veritas Volume Manager on Solaris10?

2) what is the difference to manage the internal disks (Mirror)?

3) what is the difference to manage the external disks?

4) What is the difference to manage oracle database?

5) What is the difference to manage 3PP reading&writing software like transfer data software?

I've found many articles on this point and VxVM seems to be better in every case. But I cannot believe in that!!!!

Thaks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

VxVM

All solaris rescue gurus out there .... I've a Solaris 2.6 E450 on which my sysadmin guy has deleted every file (not sub-directories) from the /etc directory. The machine is (was) running Vxvm with the root volume encapsulated. I've tried booting from CDROM, mounting the root volume... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy11983
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

vmstat -d with VxVM

I've got a Linux box that I'm pretty sure is having some disk issues. iostat isn't installed, but vmstat is, so i've been trying to use that to do some initial diagnostics while I go through our company's change control process to get iostat installed. The problem I'm having is that the disks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
4 Replies

3. Solaris

VxVM..anything to worry about in here..

DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 sliced rootdisk rootdg online c1t1d0s2 sliced disk01 rootdg online c2t0d0s2 sliced actsvr101 actsvr1dg online c2t2d0s2 sliced actsvr102 actsvr1dg online c2t3d0s2 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
13 Replies

4. Solaris

VxVM on Solaris.

Hi, Quick question if anyone knows this. Is there a command I can use in Veritas Volume manager on Solaris that will tell me what the name of the SAN I am connected to? We have a number of SANs so I am unsure which one my servers are connected to. Thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
13 Replies

5. Solaris

Reg. VXVM

Hi Guys, I have a doubt either to Reboot the server after Replacing the disk0. I have two disks under vxvm root mirrored and i had a problem with primary disk so i replace the disk0 failed primary disk and then mirrored. After mirroring is it reboot required ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
7 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

VxVM and MPxIO

:confused: Last week I read that VxVM won't work with MPxIO (i don't recall the link) and that it should be unconfigured when installing VxVM. Today I read that VxVM works in "pass-thru" mode with MPxIO and DMP uses the devices presented by MPxIO. If I create disks with MPxIO and use VxVM to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

7. Solaris

No of volumes in vxvm

Anyone knows that how many volumes can be created in a Diskgroup? Thanks in advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
1 Replies

8. Solaris

vxvm

hi all, how can we check whether vxvm is installed in our system or not in solaris? Thanks in advance dinu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
4 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

VxVM not able to see new disk

I have VxVM 5.1 running on Solaris-10. I have to increase a application file-system and storage team gave me a lun. After scanning scsi port by cfgadm, I can see them in format output. I labelled it, but I am not able to see them in "vxdisk list". I already tried commands --> vxdctl enable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies

10. AIX

VXVM in POWERHA 6.1

I have created a VxVM disk group in AIX7.1. I have tried to added this VxVM disk group in powerHA 6.1. But in cluster VxVM DGs are not listing. Is there any other procedure to add vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. Please share me steps for adding vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
6 Replies
pnmpsnr(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   pnmpsnr(1)

NAME
pnmpsnr - compute the difference between two portable anymaps SYNOPSIS
pnmpsnr [pnmfile1] [pnmfile2] DESCRIPTION
Reads two PBM, PGM, or PPM files, or PAM equivalents, as input. Prints the peak signal-to-noise ratio (PSNR) difference between the two images. This metric is typically used in image compression papers to rate the distortion between original and decoded image. If the inputs are PBM or PGM, pnmpsnr prints the PSNR of the luminance only. Otherwise, it prints the separate PSNRs of the luminance, and chrominance (Cb and Cr) components of the colors. The PSNR of a given component is the ratio of the mean square difference of the component for the two images to the maximum mean square difference that can exist betwee any two images. It is expressed as a decibel value. The mean square difference of a component for two images is the mean square difference of the component value, comparing each pixel with the pixel in the same position of the other image. For the purposes of this computation, components are normalized to the scale [0..1]. The maximum mean square difference is identically 1. So the higher the PSNR, the closer the images are. A luminance PSNR of 20 means the mean square difference of the luminances of the pixels is 100 times less than the maximum possible difference, i.e. 0.01. SEE ALSO
pnm(5) 04 March 2001 pnmpsnr(1)