Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris cluster scdidadm Inquiry on device failed. Post 302360321 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 8th of October 2009 03:32:04 PM
Old 10-08-2009
To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.

First of all, use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code. You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags [code] and [/code] by hand.)

Second, avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts. Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.

Third, be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Redhat Cluster Fencing failed

Hello; I have 2 node Redhat Cluster (RHEL4 U4 and Cluster Suite) I'm using mc_data fiber channel switch for fencing when I want to fence manually using fence_mcdata -a x.x.x. -l xxx -p xxxx -n 5 -o disable following messages appears fencing node "test1" agent "fence_mcdata" reports:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakir19
0 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

PaceMaker Cluster Fence Device

I have 2 VM's setup with a shared VMware disk running RHEL 7.1 (just updated to 7.2 with yum update), and would like to know what is the easiest Fence device to implement for testing purposes. Apparently, I need a fence device before my IP resources will come online. I have the cluster... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Device Problem

I build up two node cluster (node1, node2) in virtualbox. For these two nodes I add 5 shared disk. (Also each node have own OS disk). 1 shared disk for vtoc 2 shared disk for NFS resource group 2 shared disk for WEB resource group When I finished my work; two nodes was ok and shared disk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonofsunra
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Server and Solaris 7 Inquiry

Greetings! Will be firing up the good ole pizza box, soon. Does anyone know if Solaris 7 is still okay to use? Last time I attempted was 2006. Thank you in advance, ControlTomato (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ControlTomato
6 Replies
cmrunnode(1m)															     cmrunnode(1m)

NAME
cmrunnode - run a node in a high availability cluster SYNOPSIS
cmrunnode [-v] [node_name...] [-t | -w none] DESCRIPTION
cmrunnode causes a node to start its cluster daemon to join the existing cluster. This command verifies the network configuration before causing the node to start its cluster daemon. To start a cluster on one of its nodes, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the clus- ter configuration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1m). Starting a node will not cause any active packages to be moved to the new node. However, if a package is DOWN, has its switching enabled, and is able to run on the new node, that package will automatically run there. If node_name is not specified, the cluster daemon will be started on the local node and will join the existing cluster. Options cmrunnode supports the following options: -v Verbose output will be displayed. -t Test only. Provide an assessment of the package placement without affecting the current state of the nodes or packages. The -w option is not required with the -t option as -t does not validate network connectivity, but assumes that all the nodes can meet any external dependencies such as EMS resources, package subnets, and storage. node_name... Start the cluster daemon on the specified node(s). -w none By default network probing is performed to check that the network connectivity is the same as when the cluster was configured. Any anomalies are reported before the cluster daemons are started. The -w none option disables this probing. The option should only be used if this network configuration is known to be correct from a recent check. RETURN VALUE
cmrunnode returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Run the cluster daemon on the current node: cmrunnode Run the cluster daemons on node1 and node2: cmrunnode node1 node2 AUTHOR
cmrunnode was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmquerycl(1m), cmhaltcl(1m), cmhaltnode(1m), cmruncl(1m), cmviewcl(1m), cmeval(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmrunnode(1m)