Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers share directory from linux to unix Post 302360164 by dagigg on Thursday 8th of October 2009 08:31:00 AM
Old 10-08-2009
we are using ubuntu distribution, and it doesn't have exportfs command ..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux Directory Structure

Does anyone know of a good Internet source that explains the directory structure of Unix/Linux?? Thanks Gregg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdboling
2 Replies

2. Linux

how i can share the file between unix or linux in windows ??

hello everybody i have one quetion :( about how i can share my file in windows to use it in linux explane i have to opreating system windows xp and linux fedore core and unix ( sun solaris 10 ) and i want to open me file that is storege in windows <<< want to open it in unix or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msn22
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I share a directory in UNIX for another UNIX server?

Hi, Here's my newbie question! I've two servers with Oracle on. I've created an oralce export (10 GB) on server 1. Server 2 does not have enough space to copy the export and import it. I'd like to import the export from server 1 to server 2 remotely. If this was windows I'd create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngryBunny
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to share a directory in AIX to access from Solaris and windows?

Hi All, I am basically new to this forum as well as AIX. To share some huge files between 2 servers I thought of creating a shared Directory in my AIX machine to access it in Solaris. I am very new to this AIX. Help me out how can u share a directory in AIX to access (mount) it on Solaris. Hope... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babuchoudary_g
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Server Network Settings - Share Directory Structure

Hello Unix Gurus Who I Hope Reads This, I have quasi-inherited control over a Linux cluster at a university research lab. The post-doc that set it up is gone, and the person in charge of administering the cluster doesn't know a ton about Linux. Amongst other things, I want to use the cluster... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbl
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

compare/diff two directory in two different linux/unix machine

Hi, I have two server , one linux and one unix . I want to compare two different directry in them . What command or tool I can use instead of search the dir one by one ??? thank (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory / File changes on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux

I have a requirement to copy the changed file on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux to a remote FTP/SFTP server. I tried inotify-tools, but this didn't track the modified files. Has anyone tried incron or any other suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SupeAlok
1 Replies
exportfs(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      exportfs(1B)

NAME
exportfs - translates exportfs options to share/unshare commands SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/exportfs [-aiuv] [-o options] [pathname] DESCRIPTION
exportfs translates SunOS 4.x exportfs options to the corresponding share/unshare options and invokes share/unshare with the translated options. With no options or arguments, exportfs invokes share to print out the list of all currently shared NFS filesystems. exportfs is the BSD/Compatibility Package command of share(1M) and unshare(1M). Use share(1M)/ unshare(1M) whenever possible. OPTIONS
-a Invokes shareall(1M), or if -u is specified, invokes unshareall(1M). -i Ignore options in /etc/dfs/dfstab. -u Invokes unshare(1M) on pathname. -v Verbose. -o options Specify a comma-separated list of optional characteristics for the filesystems being exported. exportfs translates options to share-equivalent options. (see share(1M) for information about individual options). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfssu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
share(1M), shareall(1M), unshare(1M), unshareall(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 exportfs(1B)