Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can i join three lines into one in unix? Post 302360137 by vgersh99 on Thursday 8th of October 2009 07:32:47 AM
Old 10-08-2009
given your algorithm and a sample input file provided, I get:
Code:
update <something><something>
insert into <something><something>

not sure how you arrived at your output.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

join two lines together

Hi, I have a file with on one line a uid, and on the next line a date. I am trying to make the to into one line. Here's an example: koppx 20031125 kraan 20031119 sarox 20031107 And this is what i want it to be: koppx;20031125 kraan;20031119 sarox;20031107 I have been trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to join lines

can anyone tell me as "how to join all lines in a file " using a shell script Actually i have many files in a directory and for each file i want to join all the lines using a shell scrip . Thanks in advance!!! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glamo_2312
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

join lines

input1 x x input2 y x x z join input1 input2>>output ouput x x (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join the lines

Hi All, Currently, the output looks like this: hdisk0 queue_depth:3 hdisk1 queue_depth:3 hdisk2 queue_depth:1 hdisk3 queue_depth:1 I need to change the format to look like this: hdisk0 queue_depth:3 hdisk1 queue_depth:3 hdisk2 queue_depth:1 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

join 2 lines

hi all i have sample and i need script to do this /dev/xxx oracle test /dev/sap 9999 000 88 99 i need the out put like this /dev/xxx oracle test /dev/sap 9999 000 88 99 can any one provide me with an idea to solve this problem (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

join two lines

I want to join this two lines but only when after him I have nothing or a comma Yes, I know Jonesy, and I'll give him about one more minute. this two lines must become Yes, I know Jonesy, and I'll give him about one more minute. thank you very much (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: thailand
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

join lines in file

I have a file like this: --------------------------------------------------------------- 26 00:04:48,440 --> 00:04:51,440 I don't know why he can't just do the Great Apache Flaming Arrow Act. 27 00:04:52,440 --> 00:04:54,839 Didn't you tell him to use the gopher snake? 28... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thailand
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in unix script to join similar lines of input

Hi, I have been thinking of how to script this but i have no clue at all.. Could someone please help me out or give me some idea on this? I would like to group those lines with the same first variable in each line, joining the 2nd variables with commas. Let's say i have the following input. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rei125
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to join all lines in afile in unix

Hi, I have a unix file which has many lines, i need to join all the lines to single line. Eg: myfile.txt contains: a 123 45fg try and i need the output as : a 123 45fg try Please help me on this. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RP09
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join Lines

Hi how do I join files like below in script. Thanks, Ashan there are may line like this in the file. zone name DR_TMP_A_sev1_3eA vsan 200 pwwn 50:00:09:73:f0:16:35:08 pwwn c0:50:76:08:6e:dc:00:16 zone name DR_TMP_A_SVR2_3eA vsan 200 pwwn 50:00:09:73:f0:16:35:08 pwwn... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashanabey
4 Replies
update(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 update(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
update - Process pending events and idle callbacks SYNOPSIS
update ?idletasks? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to bring the application "up to date" by entering the event loop repeatedly until all pending events (including idle callbacks) have been processed. If the idletasks keyword is specified as an argument to the command, then no new events or errors are processed; only idle callbacks are invoked. This causes operations that are normally deferred, such as display updates and window layout calculations, to be performed imme- diately. The update idletasks command is useful in scripts where changes have been made to the application's state and you want those changes to appear on the display immediately, rather than waiting for the script to complete. Most display updates are performed as idle callbacks, so update idletasks will cause them to run. However, there are some kinds of updates that only happen in response to events, such as those triggered by window size changes; these updates will not occur in update idletasks. The update command with no options is useful in scripts where you are performing a long-running computation but you still want the applica- tion to respond to events such as user interactions; if you occasionally call update then user input will be processed during the next call to update. EXAMPLE
Run computations for about a second and then finish: set x 1000 set done 0 after 1000 set done 1 while {!$done} { # A very silly example! set x [expr {log($x) ** 2.8}] # Test to see if our time-limit has been hit. This would # also give a chance for serving network sockets and, if # the Tk package is loaded, updating a user interface. update } SEE ALSO
after(n), interp(n) KEYWORDS
event, flush, handler, idle, update Tcl 7.5 update(n)