Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using if statement to check file size Post 302359999 by aemunathan on Thursday 8th of October 2009 01:56:38 AM
Old 10-08-2009
using if statement to check file size

Hi,

Am trying to execute certain commands if the condition satisfied, but i feel i am making some mistakes in the usage of if statement

here is the code
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
SIZE=$(ls -ltr /aemu/ws/DN.txt  | tr -s ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f 5)
filename=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y%m%d`
ZERO=0

if [$SIZE=$ZERO ] 
then
cp /aemu/ws/DN.txt /aemu/ws/backup/dn/$filename
echo $SIZE
fi
exit

am getting the error as

Quote:
# ./checksizeANDmove
./checksizeANDmove[6]: [0=0: not found
#
Aemunathan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check file size

I need a unix script that will check the size of multiple files in the same directory or from a text file. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alnita
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file size check

How can I perform size check of any character file(which switch)? For example: I have to perform certain actions if file size is not zero. How can I do that? Is this syntax fine? if test ! -z $filename then fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a file exists using the if statement

Hi, I'm trying to write a bit of code that will check if a file exists and then archives the file Im trying to use the following if statement without success.. if then mv filename archive/filename else echo "no filename exists" fi Should the file name be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check file is there not in linux using if statement

How to check file is there not in linux using if statement ? Please do put one example if possible. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskbalu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF statement to check file exists

Hi All, If i run below copy command, it works absolutely fine, /opt/csw/bin/scp axetlxyz01:/opt/data/test/QURIES* ./input I want to make the above line better, by adding an IF statement, want to check if there is any file exists with name QURIES*.* then i need to copy that. if ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the file size - help

I want to write a batch job (ksh) with the following requirement we have file feeds coming to our system from other team, if the file size is greater than expected then we dont need to process the file for the day and need to archive the file and send email notification to the manager saying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sithara
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the file size

if ; then cp /tmp/testfolder/*.* ~/new/logs/ else echo "No files today" exit fi The problem is this doen't work when there is more than 1 file. Please tell me how to take the latest file and check the size of the file in a directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a file size

I'm doing a script thats check if mylogfile.log is bigger then 5000 but i dont know how to write it. thanks in avance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Froob
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size check

I am trying to check whether two files are empty or not using below if condition but its checking for only one file if ] Again I tried if && ] Need your assistance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If statement to check file transfer

Hello Guys, I am trying scp few file within if statement, but getting error, can someone please help to understand, what mistake I am making ? if && ] ; then echo " Files transferred to Log servers successfully. " else echo " One or more file transfer failed over... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnknownGuy
10 Replies
RATFOR(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RATFOR(1)

NAME
ratfor - rational Fortran dialect SYNOPSIS
ratfor [ option ... ] [ filename ... ] DESCRIPTION
Ratfor converts a rational dialect of Fortran into ordinary irrational Fortran. Ratfor provides control flow constructs essentially iden- tical to those in C: statement grouping: { statement; statement; statement } decision-making: if (condition) statement [ else statement ] switch (integer value) { case integer: statement ... [ default: ] statement } loops: while (condition) statement for (expression; condition; expression) statement do limits statement repeat statement [ until (condition) ] break next and some syntactic sugar to make programs easier to read and write: free form input: multiple statements/line; automatic continuation comments: # this is a comment translation of relationals: >, >=, etc., become .GT., .GE., etc. return (expression) returns expression to caller from function define: define name replacement include: include filename Ratfor is best used with f77(1). SEE ALSO
f77(1) B. W. Kernighan and P. J. Plauger, Software Tools, Addison-Wesley, 1976. 7th Edition April 29, 1985 RATFOR(1)