Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use Perl In Bash Script To Compare Floationg Points Post 302359944 by Grizzly on Wednesday 7th of October 2009 07:29:34 PM
Old 10-07-2009
Does it work in just sh? Or is there a way to make just that portion of the script run in ksh if that is needed?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

count and compare no of records in bash shell script.

consider this as a csv file. H,0002,0002,20100218,17.25,P,barani D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 T,5 N i want to read the csv file and count the number of rows that start with D and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
11 Replies

3. Red Hat

Points to compare Linux distros

I 've a question regarding which points should be considered to compare 2 different linux distros say RedHat & Ubuntu. for a production environment non-db applications ... any help will be appreciated .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare time in bash script?

Hi, Anyone know how to compare the time in bash script? I want to compare say 30 min. to 45 min. ( AIX ) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumit30
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to compare two lists

Hi, I do little bash scripting so sorry for my ignorance. How do I compare if the two variable not match and if they do not match run a command. I was thinking a for loop but then I need another for loop for the 2nd list and I do not think that would work as in the real world there could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare & Copy Directories : Bash Script Help

Beginner/Intermediate shell; comfortable in the command line. I have been looking for a solution to a backup problem. I need to compare Directory 1 to Directory 2 and copy all modified or new files/directories from Directory 1 to Directory 3. I need the directory and file structure to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rod
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to compare 2 file

Hello Friends please help me to create script to compare 2 fiile which has rpm info . File 1: glibc-2.12.1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm glibc-common-2.12-1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm File 2 : glibc-2.12.123.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm glibc-common-2.12-123.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm To compare file1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rnary
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array compare bash script

Hello, i have a script that should compare between ${ARRAY} that contains all fstab record like this : >>echo ${ARRAY} / /boot between all mountpoints in my df that is stord in ${ARRAY2} >>echo ${ARRAY2} / /boot /dev/shm /var/spool/asterisk/monitor now i have this loop: for i in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script to compare file all the files exits or not

Currently i am building a script like based on region parameter it will filter the records in config file and then it will create a text file like ab.txt and it will read the path location in that file and now i need to compare the files name in the config file to files in the path of the config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saranath
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare date bash script

I all I have written a bash script for compare two date. One of those is a result of query, and another is current date. I have a problem with the format, because the first is 09/12/19 18:50:30 but for having this result I have to do d1DB=$(date -d "$valData" +'%m/%d/%y %T') and the second... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdie77
9 Replies
ISGREATER(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					      ISGREATER(3)

NAME
isgreater, isgreaterequal, isless, islessequal, islessgreater, isunordered -- compare two floating-point numbers LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> int isgreater(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isgreaterequal(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isless(real-floating x, real-floating y); int islessequal(real-floating x, real-floating y); int islessgreater(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isunordered(real-floating x, real-floating y); DESCRIPTION
Each of the macros isgreater(), isgreaterequal(), isless(), islessequal(), and islessgreater() takes arguments x and y and returns a non-zero value if and only if its nominal relation on x and y is true. These macros always return zero if either argument is not a number (NaN), but unlike the corresponding C operators, they never raise a floating point exception. The isunordered() macro takes arguments x and y, returning non-zero if either x or y is NaN. For any pair of floating-point values, one of the relationships (less, greater, equal, unordered) holds. SEE ALSO
fpclassify(3), math(3), signbit(3) STANDARDS
The isgreater(), isgreaterequal(), isless(), islessequal(), islessgreater(), and isunordered() macros conform to ISO/IEC 9899:1999 (``ISO C99''). BSD
December 1, 2008 BSD