Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash authenticate on a server Post 302359720 by pludi on Wednesday 7th of October 2009 08:37:56 AM
Old 10-07-2009
How do you get that file? FTP, SCP, SFTP, CIFS, NFS, ...?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

? Authenticate Sybase login thru script ?

Hi All, This is my first post. Need your favour guys. I need to authenticate syabse login/password thru shell script. I am getting the ID & Pwd form user and storing it in variable.. But how to authenticate and echo user back if the id/pwd doesnt work. isql -U$1 -P$2 -S$3 ?? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: libin4u2000
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to authenticate sybase login thru shell script ?

Hi All, This is my first post. Need your favour guys. I need to authenticate syabse login/password thru shell script. I am getting the ID & Pwd form user and storing it in variable.. But how to authenticate and echo user back if the id/pwd doesnt work. isql -U$1 -P$2 -S$3 ?? thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: libin4u2000
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Authenticate Shell script

Hi I want to create a script that will authenticate user from a file and if both of them match then only the script is allowed to be executed... Suppose I have a script say test.sh and a file config.txt for users whose user ids exist in the text file should only be given permission to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
1 Replies

4. BSD

Configuring Unix(FreeSBD) to authenticate to TACACS

Can someone please posts the steps needed to configure a UNIX server to authenticate with a TACACS+ server or point me in the right direction been googling for 2 days now. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: supadee718
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable to authenticate using NAGIOS on redhat

Hi, I have installed Nagios on Redhat 5 using rpms, it was successully installed and I have started the nagios and httpd service. While login on browser, using nagios userid and password, I am unable to login I have installed nagios and nagios-plugin rpms both. I have used the command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Linux Client To Authenticate using TACACS

I have customer who controls access to the internet via TACACS server, basically a PIX firewall uses authentication from the TACACS to say if traffic is allowed to pass out of the gateway. I can't find anything on how to configure a linux client of TACACS authentication only how to set up a linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to authenticate in LDAP RHEL 6.0

Hi there, I run a lab of around 20 systems. I have setup my LDAP server and LDAP clients. But when I try to log on to other cleint machines from a client machine, the error shows that "Permission Denied". On the other hand, if I login onto server from any client machine, the communication takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ankur Goyal
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX LDAP client authenticate against Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL

Hi folks, How can i configure an AIX LDAP client to authenticate against an Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL? It works like a charm without TLS/SSL. i would like to have SSL encrypted communication for ldap (secldapclntd) and ldapsearch etc. while accepting every kind of certificate/CA.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paco699
6 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Failed to Authenticate user in FreeRadius 2.2.0

Hi All, I've installed FreeRadius 2.2.0 in Oracle Solaris 10 1/13, and I'm getting Access-Reject when tried using 'radtest' tool. When debugging is enabled I'm getting the following message Debug: ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user I've... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddhike G
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Windows AD users authenticate to Linux

Hello folks, Please advise me what is the best way to authenticate Windows AD users against Linux machines. Currently I am going to take a look of Vintela Authentication Services and please let me know if you have experience with VIntela. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies
BASHBUG(1)						      General Commands Manual							BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--version] [--help] [email-address] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a shell script to help the user compose and mail bug reports concerning bash in a standard format. bashbug invokes the editor specified by the environment variable EDITOR on a temporary copy of the bug report format outline. The user must fill in the appropriate fields and exit the editor. bashbug then mails the completed report to bug-bash@gnu.org, or email-address. If the report cannot be mailed, it is saved in the file dead.bashbug in the invoking user's home directory. The bug report format outline consists of several sections. The first section provides information about the machine, operating system, the bash version, and the compilation environment. The second section should be filled in with a description of the bug. The third sec- tion should be a description of how to reproduce the bug. The optional fourth section is for a proposed fix. Fixes are encouraged. ENVIRONMENT
bashbug will utilize the following environment variables if they exist: EDITOR Specifies the preferred editor. If EDITOR is not set, bashbug defaults to emacs. HOME Directory in which the failed bug report is saved if the mail fails. TMPDIR Directory in which to create temporary files and directories. SEE ALSO
bash(1) AUTHORS
Brian Fox, Free Software Foundation bfox@gnu.org Chet Ramey, Case Western Reserve University chet@po.cwru.edu GNU Bash-4.0 1998 July 30 BASHBUG(1)