Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting error while calling a script within a script Post 302359626 by sriniu190 on Wednesday 7th of October 2009 05:03:55 AM
Old 10-07-2009
thanks for the reply...

The script b.sh -> sets the env variables.

b.sh

#! /bin/sh

export LIBPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$MMHOME/oracle/lib/bin
export LINK_CNTRL=L_PTHREADS_D7
exit

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Post updated at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:32 PM ----------

Yep ,
by removing "." it works, but the actual scripts are legacy scripts and they contain like
[. /home/b.sh ]

so need to find a way to run the script with that .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a variables value from the called script to calling script using ksh

How do i get the value of the variable from the called script(script2) to the calling script(script1) in ksh ? I've given portion of the script here to explain the problem. Portion of Script 1 ============= ----- ----- tmp=`a.ksh p1 p2 p3` if then # error processing fi -----... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajarkumar
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a unix script(which is calling another script inside that) in background

Hi all, I am having a script ScriptA which is calling a script ScriptB in the same server and copying files to second server and have to execute one script ScriptC in the second server. THis First script ScriptA is the main script and i have to execute this process continously. for Keeping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohithji
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when calling sybase stored proc from shell script

Hi, I am writing a script that needs to call a stored proc which would update a column in a table based on a condition. I need to also capture the number of rows updated. However, When I execute the script I keep getting this error: ./test_isql.sh: syntax error at line 33: `end of file'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikk
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL script from ksh job and send mail on some error.

Hi, I am trying to call sql script from ksh job with parameters.The parameters passed from ksh job will be used in SELECT query in sql file to SPOOL the data in extract file.My questions are: 1) How to call a sql script from ksh job with parameters? 2) How to use the parameter in sql file to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil029
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error calling TCL script from shell script

hello everyone i am beginner on shell scripting .and i am working on my project work on ad hoc network i wrote a batch (.sh) to do a looping and execute a tcl script i wrote before in each iteration ..but i got this problem " syntax error near unexpected token `('... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcoss90
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Error in calling script

I am getting a strange error with perl's inbuilt script flush.pl. I am callling this script in my other script but it kept throwing error: flush.pl did not return a true value at ./abc.pl line 1 abc.pl has: require 'flush.pl'; Not sure why this error is coming. Can someone pls throw... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisharma23
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in calling a shell script from another script

HI, We are using two shell scripts, script.sh,env.sh, where env.sh will be called inside script.sh. The variable inside env.sh is used as $var in script.sh.But while running the script its not identifying that variable. Is there any permission needed to call a script inside another script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: banupriyat
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell script within awk script throws error

I am getting the following error while passing parameter to a shell script called within awk script. Any idea what's causing this issue and how to ix it ? Thanks sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' sh: -c: line 0: `./billdatecalc.sh ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling Shell script Error

Hi All, I need to call a script in another server(Say B).So I logged in my local Machine(say A)using putty and given these command ssh root@hostname cd home\oracle sh script.sh. This is working perfectly.But when I have those command in a shell script and placed in my local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nivas
2 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script, service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS it to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)