Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VSFTPD - User or IP based SSL encryption? Post 302359615 by mokachoka on Wednesday 7th of October 2009 04:12:38 AM
Old 10-07-2009
Error VSFTPD - User or IP based SSL encryption?

Is there a way i can only force SSL encryption if they connect from outside our network OR allow certain IP's to connect without using encryption?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp

I've been tearing my hair out over this: vsftp does not work on any of my RedHat Server 5.x systems - I keep getting a variation on 500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp or 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:nobody (different errors on different systems). I spent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
2 Replies

2. Linux

500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp

I've been fighting this for about a year: vsftp does not work on any of my RedHat Server 5.x systems - I keep getting a variation on 500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp or 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:nobody (different errors on different systems). I spent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up VSFTPD (force SSL?)

Hi all, Im having trouble setting up an FTP server and forcing SSL. At the moment i can connect to the server externally using normal FTP but when i try FTP with SSL i get STATUS:> Connected. Exchanging encryption keys... ERROR:> SSL: Error in negotiating... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VSFTPD & SSL Certificates

Hello all :b: I need a little advice on securing my VSFTPD server. I currently have it setup and working using a self signed certificate by following instructions on the net and im happy with it to a certain extent. One of my clients is not... He said he cannot connect to the server unless... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

vsftpd with ssl support on rhel5 64 bit

Hi Friends, I am trying to configure vsftpd server 2.0.5 on rhel5 64 bit installation. I am getting an error when initiating an ssl connection. I am using filezilla 3.0 ftp client. Client is specifically using passive mode connection. I can see the client is able to connect to the server,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vsftpd with SSL

Hi there. Im studying and i've got an exercise that i cannot fully understand. Im trying and testing, but it didnt works What i need to configure ftps ( vsftpd ) with openssl? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andriusman
1 Replies

7. Linux

Squid SSL Encryption

Hi guys, I want to configure squid server with SSL so that users send clear text username/password and also data in encrypted mode. i googled but all of the configuration is for reverse proxy not requests from users to proxy server in LAN for example. Is there any solution? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read Only user in Vsftpd

HI I have set up vsftp on my Red hat server. Chroot has been set up to control access to each user and folder directories. This all works fine. But i have one directory where i want to chroot but ensure that the ftp access is read only. Any help appreciated thanks Treds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treds
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Does vsftpd support user subcommand?

I'm wondering if vsftpd supports user subcommand? I found I can't switch user after ftp login. Maybe someone can give me a certain answer. I always got the message as below, I enabled log_ftp_protocol=YES and checked the vsftpd.log, it didn't help much actually. The log file only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
6 Replies
FS_SETCRYPT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    FS_SETCRYPT(1)

NAME
fs_setcrypt - Enables of disables the encryption of AFS file transfers SYNOPSIS
fs setcrypt [-crypt] <on/off> [-help] DESCRIPTION
The fs setcrypt command sets the status of network traffic encryption for file traffic in the AFS client. This encryption applies to file traffic going to and coming from the AFS File Server for users with valid tokens. This command does not control the encryption used for authentication, which uses Kerberos 5 or klog/kaserver. The complement of this command is fs getcrypt, which shows the status of encryption on the client. The default encryption status is enabled. This is a global setting and applies to all subsequent connections to an AFS File Server from this Cache Manager. There is no way to enable or disable encryption for specific connections. CAUTIONS
AFS uses an encryption scheme called fcrypt, based on but slightly weaker than DES, and there is currently no way to specify a different encryption mechanism. Because fcrypt and DES are obsolete, the user must decide how much to trust the encryption. Consider using a Virtual Private Network at the IP level if better encryption is needed. Encrypting file traffic requires a token. Unauthenticated connections or connections authorized via IP-based ACLs will not be encrypted even when encryption is turned on. OPTIONS
-crypt <on/off> This is the only option to fs setcrypt. The -crypt option takes either "on" or "off". "on" enables encryption. "off" disables encryption. Since this is the only option, the "-crypt" flag may be omitted. 0 and 1 or "true" and "false" are not supported as replacements for "on" and "off". -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
This command produces no output other than error messages. EXAMPLES
There are only four ways to invoke fs setcrypt. Either of: % fs setcrypt -crypt on % fs setcrypt on will enable encryption for authenticated connections and: % fs setcrypt -crypt off % fs setcrypt off will disable encryption. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root. SEE ALSO
fs_getcrypt(1) The description of the fcrypt encryption mechanism at http://surfvi.com/~ota/fcrypt-paper.txt <http://surfvi.com/~ota/fcrypt-paper.txt>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_SETCRYPT(1)