Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with programming
Top Forums Programming Help with programming Post 302359557 by magnetpest2k7 on Wednesday 7th of October 2009 01:41:37 AM
Old 10-07-2009
Power Help with programming

here is the detailed description: Can any one give me the code or guide.

Create a networking application using the socket interface to implement a "computing engine" service over TCP.
following describes the application, session, and presentation layers.

C language program that reads a list of numbers, integer or floating point, separated with newlines, from the client side, and outputs the average of these numbers. Lines that begin with the character | are called substitutions; substitutions should be executed and your program should use the elapsed running time (in seconds) for its calculation.

The server reads all lines, and return the average value of all of these values (include the elapsed running time of some execution)

Here is an example output:
Code:
$ average mercury 2345
    |/bin/sleep 2
     --

Last edited by pludi; 10-07-2009 at 03:20 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c programming on vi

i am new in linux environment .I have used vi editor of Unix to get a programe compiled through "gcc ".kindly give me the options to get a program compiled & executed written in c on vi editor. I want the command to compile a file and the command to get that compiled file executed with any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajraius
2 Replies

2. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Systems Programming Vs Unix Programming

Several months ago I found a link that explained the difference between how a Unix Systems Admin would do scripting compared to what a Unix Programmer would do. It showed a basic script and then show several iterations that explained how the Systems Admin would change it to make it better. I was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
0 Replies

4. Programming

C++ programming

Sorry to ask this question here... where can I find a C++ programming thread? Thanks guys! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadiamihu
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

New To Programming

Hello all!! I am new to programming, and to this forum. :D I am having sort of a problem. Me and my coworker are working on a code, both of us are stumped on a few things. One is we have a whole log file, i have found how to extract by column, but not by row. I need to extract by both.:confused:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xkayla06
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

7. Programming

C Programming - Hardware Programming

Can someone help me on suggesting some ways to access the memory content in RAM directly from C/C++ source code. Please provide me any book name or any URL so that I can get an exhaustive knowledge over it. If possible please give me some tips on interacting with hardwares directly through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sh programming

I have started writing one script. It is not taking the if block. Here is the script: #!/bin/sh set USER='/usr/ucb/whoami' ####################################################################### #Killing Process #######################################################################... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarpreetka
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies
FAITH(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  FAITH(4)

NAME
faith -- IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay capturing interface SYNOPSIS
device faith DESCRIPTION
The faith interface captures IPv6 TCP traffic, for implementing userland IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay like faithd(8). Each faith interface is created at runtime using interface cloning. This is most easily done with the ifconfig(8) create command or using the cloned_interfaces variable in rc.conf(5). Special action will be taken when IPv6 TCP traffic is seen on a router, and the routing table suggests to route it to the faith interface. In this case, the packet will be accepted by the router, regardless of the list of IPv6 interface addresses assigned to the router. The packet will be captured by an IPv6 TCP socket, if it has the IN6P_FAITH flag turned on and matching address/port pairs. As a result, faith will let you capture IPv6 TCP traffic to some specific destination addresses. Userland programs, such as faithd(8) can use this behavior to relay IPv6 TCP traffic to IPv4 TCP traffic. The program can accept some specific IPv6 TCP traffic, perform getsockname(2) to get the IPv6 destination address specified by the client, and perform application-specific address mapping to relay IPv6 TCP to IPv4 TCP. The IN6P_FAITH flag on a IPv6 TCP socket can be set by using setsockopt(2), with level IPPROTO_IPV6 and optname IPv6_FAITH. To handle error reports by ICMPv6, some ICMPv6 packets routed to an faith interface will be delivered to IPv6 TCP, as well. To understand how faith can be used, take a look at the source code of faithd(8). As the faith interface implements potentially dangerous operations, great care must be taken when configuring it. To avoid possible misuse, the sysctl(8) variable net.inet6.ip6.keepfaith must be set to 1 prior to using the interface. When net.inet6.ip6.keepfaith is 0, no packets will be captured by the faith interface. The faith interface is intended to be used on routers, not on hosts. SEE ALSO
inet(4), inet6(4), faithd(8) Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino and Kazu Yamamoto, An IPv6-to-IPv4 transport relay translator, RFC3142. HISTORY
The FAITH IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay translator first appeared in the WIDE hydrangea IPv6 stack. BSD
April 10, 1999 BSD