Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed to copy 2nd line behind the 1st Post 302359455 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 03:19:08 PM
Old 10-06-2009
Code:
sed 'N;s/\n//' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to remove 1st two characters every line of text file

what is the sed command to remove the first two characters of every line of a text file? each line of the text file has the same amount of characters, and they are ALL NUMERIC. there are hundreds of lines though. for example, >cat file1.txt 10081551 10081599 10082234 10082259 20081134... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
20 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sed - add text to start of line if 1st char anything but space

Problem: I have a lot of files, the files first line should always have 4 spaces before any text. Occasionally some of the files will miss the leading spaces and it's a problem. This is only in the first line. So if there are 4 spaces then text, do nothing. If there are not 4 spaces, add 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Tru64 Unix (HP) - copy file from 2nd HD to Boot HD

Hi, Here is some of the setup information on system: Tru64 UNIX OS and Two Hard Drives installed. One drive is boot drive and other is spare (Spare drive currently has some back up information on it). here is just a couple of the device/partition/mount points on boot drive. /dev/rz0a on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: willirb1
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Copy file from 2nd HD to Boot HD

Hi, Here is some of the setup information on system: Tru64 UNIX OS and Two Hard Drives installed. One drive is boot drive and other is spare (Spare drive currently has some back up information on it). here is just a couple of the device/partition/mount points on boot drive. /dev/rz0a on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: willirb1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script - transform 1st matching line only

How do transform only the first line that matches my regex? I've tried q but it just quit my script in the middle. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogert909
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

1st column,2nd column on first line 3rd,4th on second line ect...

I need to take one column of data and put it into the following format: 1st line,2nd line 3rd line,4th line 5th line,6th line ... Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: batcho
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim copy line and paste at the beginning, middle, and end of another line

How would you do vim copy line and paste at the beginning, middle, and end of another line. I know yy copies the whole line and p pastes the whole line, but on its own separate line. Sometimes I would like to copy a line to the beginning, middle, or end of another line. I would think this would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file line by line and compare subset of 1st line with 2nd?

Hi all, I have a log file say Test.log that gets updated continuously and it has data in pipe separated format. A sample log file would look like: <date1>|<data1>|<url1>|<result1> <date2>|<data2>|<url2>|<result2> <date3>|<data3>|<url3>|<result3> <date4>|<data4>|<url4>|<result4> What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare 1st column from 2 file and if match print line from 1st file and append column 7 from 2nd

hi I have 2 file with more than 10 columns for both 1st file apple,0,0,0...... orange,1,2,3..... mango,2,4,5..... 2nd file apple,2,3,4,5,6,7... orange,2,3,4,5,6,8... watermerlon,2,3,4,5,6,abc... mango,5,6,7,4,6,def.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tententen
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)