Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find & replace with user input Post 302359448 by mike909 on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 02:36:16 PM
Old 10-06-2009
I was looking for an actual script, but perhaps this is not the place. Thanks for the info though, I will search out forums dedicated to VBS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace

I get a text file with 70+ columns (seperated by Tab) and about 10000 rows. The 58th Column is all numbers. But sometimes 58th columns has "/xxx=##" after the numeric data. I want to truncate this string using the script. Any Ideas...:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagansharma
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace <Address> with a var input by user

Hi, All here is not a full version script, just post a sample. #/bin/bash read -p 'Addr: ' addr sed 's/<Address>/'"$addr"'/' pf.mod>$1 If the input string include `/', sed will return error message. I know that s/// can be replaced with s::: or s!!!, etc, but the input var can accept... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: r2007
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

[Scripting]Find & replace using user input then replacing text after

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: (o) Checkout an auto part: should prompt the user for the name of the auto part and borrower's name: Name:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SlapnutsGT
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

Hi, I have a folder which contains multiple config.xml files and one input file, Please see the below format. Config Files format looks like :- Code: <application name="SAMPLE-ARCHIVE"> <NVPairs name="Global Variables"> <NameValuePair> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace in a directory using an input file

Hi folks, I need help to finish this script please. see below: I have an input file with all the IP address to names formated like so in a txt file addnsr1pri 166.7.3.105 addnsr1sec 166.2.100.22 addnsr2pri 166.2.220.121 addnsr2sec 166.3.68.45... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk + gsub to search multiple input values & replace with located string + extra text

Hi all. I have the following command that is successfully searching for any one of the strings on all lines of a file and replacing it with the instructed value. cat inputFile | awk '{gsub(/aaa|bbb|ccc|ddd/,"1234")}1' > outputFile This does in fact replace any occurrence of aaa, bbb,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazhoop
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find & Replace

Hi I am looking to rename the contents of this dir, each one with a new timestamp, interval of a second for each so it the existing format is on lhs and what I want is to rename each of these to what is on rhs..hopefully it nake sense CDR.20060505.150006.gb CDR.20121211.191500.gb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Check & Filter user input

Hi, On my Java webpage which invokes the shell script has two checkboxes viz ... apache and weblogic apache require one parameter i.e apache home from the user while Weblogic requires three or five params from the user vi.z weblogic_home or <jdk_home, config_home & pid>, username and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

I have a environment property file which contains: Input file: value1 = url1 value2 = url2 value3 = url3 and so on. I need to search all *.xml files under directory for value1 and replace it with url1. Same thing I have to do for all values mentioned in input file. I need script in unix bash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamkamde
7 Replies
ARMAGETRONAD-DEDICATED(6)					   Games Manual 					 ARMAGETRONAD-DEDICATED(6)

NAME
armagetronad-dedicated - an Armagetron Advanced dedicated game server SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/armagetronad-dedicated start|stop|restart|force-reload|status armagetronad-dedicated [-h, --help] [-v, --version] [--doc] [--fastforward] [--benchmark] [--record] [--playback] DESCRIPTION
The Armagetron Advanced dedicated server runs from an initscript -- to enable running it on boot, edit /etc/default/armagetronad-dedicated. The server program will read default settings from /etc/armagetronad/settings_dedicated.cfg. Modifications and custom server settings should be implemented in the file /etc/armagetronad/settings_custom.cfg. To edit configuration on-the-fly or make time-sensitive temporary changes, it's best to log onto the server from the armagetronad client and log on as an administrator (using the password set in the server configuration). Console input is not available when running the server as a daemon. Before each round is started, the file /etc/armagetronad/everytime.cfg is read; it may be useful to use this for things like randomly changing maps or other quickly changing settings. OPTIONS
Note: Only options that are relevant for invoking armagetron-dedicated via the command line (and not the initscript) are documented here. See armagetronad-dedicated --help for a complete reference. -h, --help Show help message. -v, --version Print version number. --doc Print documentation for all console commands. These are also configuration settings for config files. --fastforward TIME Lets time run very fast until the given time is reached. --benchmark Renders frames as they were recorded. --record FILENAME Creates a DEBUG recording while running. --playback FILENAME Plays back a DEBUG recording. FILES
/etc/armagetronad/settings_dedicated.cfg SEE ALSO
armagetronad(6) Armagetron Advanced is documented fully by the provided HTML docs, found under /usr/share/doc/armagetronad-common/html/. A thorough guide to running a server can be found on the Armagetron Advanced wiki: http:wiki.armagetronad.netindex.phpServer_Administra- tion_Guide and: http:wiki.armagetronad.netindex.phpAdvanced_Server_Administration_Guide AUTHOR
Armagetron Advanced was written by Manuel Moos <z-man@users.sourceforge.net> and the Armagetron Advanced development team. This manual page was adapted from the original HTML version by Marcelo E. Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org> (and later Christine Spang <spang@mit.edu>), for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). February 08, 2007 ARMAGETRONAD-DEDICATED(6)